• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

MY STUFF!!! Lapua 7-08 brass…

Some Lapua .243 listed today on 24hcf. you could size it up. However it costs 2 arms and 1 leg.

I just picked up some Alpha 708 brass. It's very well made, dimensions and weight are very consistent. For some reason it wouldn't shoot as fast as my PPU or converted Lapua 308 to 708 brass?
I lost about 75 - 80 fps with identical charge weights. Couldn't increase charge as I was seeing a flat pin at charges that did not show pressure on my other brass. They were not any heavier, indicating thicker and smaller volume. I didn't shoot them enough to know how they hold up under multiple reloads.
My normal load is 46.3 StaBAL under 140 VLD which runs 2935-2940 with a 26" Shilen. The Alpha ran 2850ish.
If your not looking for, or needing top speed, I would recommend them.. quality appears to be top notch. As with all things reloading and rifles, could just be my rifle. I'll play with them a little more to see if it was just an off day or if they work best with the heavies.
They did send them in a nice hard plastic cartridge holder and it's made in the USA :)

Recent Posts