My sons first western big game hunt

My 13 year old son drew 2B MN third season hunt and took this beauty the first morning at 565yds with My GAP 300 win mag. Our guide had spotted him bedded down across this canyon not even a half hour after we hiked in 4 miles and set up. We got into a good position, got him comfortable and the rest was history! This was his first rack buck. View attachment 528671View attachment 528672
Well done young Man nice shot great buck👍

My 13 year old son drew 2B MN third season hunt and took this beauty the first morning at 565yds with My GAP 300 win mag. Our guide had spotted him bedded down across this canyon not even a half hour after we hiked in 4 miles and set up. We got into a good position, got him comfortable and the rest was history! This was his first rack buck. View attachment 528671View attachment 528672
Congrats and be proud pappy. Can't ask for much nicer

MN? Minnesota? Not what I would consider "Western".
Did you mean 2B in NM (New Mexico)?

Great buck! And lucky kid. 99.5% of hunters will never kill a buck that good.
Yup. 2B New Mexico. Took me 7 years to draw that tag ( finally in 20' and I took a 170 4x3 not far from where he took that buck)
My boy drew the second year we applied him. The kid definitely has the luck!

Congrats! Looks to be New Mexico.
Do ya have to do prefrence points in NM ?
Yes it was New Mexico. No points in New Mexico. It's tough to draw but……
Took me 7 years to draw. I finally drew in 20' again in 22'. Shot great bucks on both of those hunts and my son drew the second year we applied him.
You can apply through an outfitter to increase your odds just a bit. If you do please
Take my advice and choose one wisely. I applied through the same outfitter since 14' and will not be doing so ever again. Short of him shooting that trophy the rest of the experience was not good.
I will be applying us on our own from here out.