My sons first western big game hunt

You mention that you'll be applying on your own, do you mean hunting on your own as well or just that you'll do the applying then find an outfitter if you draw?

You mention that you'll be applying on your own, do you mean hunting on your own as well or just that you'll do the applying then find an outfitter if you draw?
I'll apply us on our own and if successful I'll try and find an outfitter our just a guide.
From being down there a few times I hit it off with the guides I had and they told me that if one of us drew they would be able to help us out or steer us in the right direction.

My 13 year old son drew 2B MN third season hunt and took this beauty the first morning at 565yds with My GAP 300 win mag. Our guide had spotted him bedded down across this canyon not even a half hour after we hiked in 4 miles and set up. We got into a good position, got him comfortable and the rest was history! This was his first rack buck. View attachment 528671View attachment 528672
That's a good buck. Congratulations to you both.

Congrats! Heck of a shot! I hope to get my son his 1st Muley Buck this year. Your post is encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats! Heck of a shot! I hope to get my son his 1st Muley Buck this year. Your post is encouraging. Thanks for sharing.
Oh man!!!! Best of luck! Keep us posted.
Just gonna throw it out there……
How old? Reason I ask is I have an entire First lite set of clothing I bought for my son that was worn twice along with a pair of size 9 Kenetrek mountain extreme 400's. Worn maybe 12 times. This stuff is like brand new. I'd like to sell it just haven't gotten proactive posting it. The clothing is all a woman's size small and it fit him perfectly. 13 years old 105lbs 5'2" . All in Cipher camo.
If you or anyone is interested let me know I'll post pics and full descriptions and price.

He turns 13 in a few weeks. But, might be a little small for him. I will double check and get back to you if the sizes look like they would work.

Recent Posts