My Son Got His 1st Michigan Bear

Tell your son congrats on a very nice bear. Tell him congratulations on his upcoming graduation and good luck on his future adventure

Hey neighbor! Congrats to your son on graduating from Tech as well as that bruiser.

Great idea. May have to replicate, but mine are a bit younger. Mind sharing which guide service you used?

Congrats Rhino to your son on getting a giant bear in Michigan, and graduating from Michigan Tech. Did you get that big bear in the UP or down here with us trolls?

Thank you to all for the kind words.

Yesterday we took my son's bear skull to Outdoorama to have it scored by the CBM organization. (Outdoorama is one of the big hunting/fishing shows here in Michigan.) It takes 18" to make the CBM (Commemorative Bucks of Michigan) Book, and 20" to make the Boone & Crocket Book.

When the gentlemen scored my son's bear skull I thought he might have made a mistake when he scored it at 19-1/16 ". I had watched him measure his calipers and write down what I thought was a different measurement. I asked if I could borrow his calipers and measure it myself (I didn't want to tell him I thought he made a mistake). When I did I showed him my length measurement which was 1" different than his. He was shocked at his error. He apologized and immediately remeasured it for a corrected score of 20-1/16" which easily qualifies it for CBM and also just squeezes past the Boone & Crocket minimum. It's a "Booner Bear!"

It was a fun day!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.