My largest bull elk, 847 yards wwith my 7STW

7mm practical one shot.he was dead before he hit the ground . 175ELDX. You have a great bull good shooting. This was my son's first elk

Attachments

• 20190831_131330.jpg
    20190831_131330.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 20190831_132115.jpg
    20190831_132115.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 194
It was a guided hunt on one of Utah's CWMU's. We had been glassing nice bulls for 2 days, but had not found the "one" I was hoping for. On the 3rd morning, we spotted a bull low and across the canyon from us. My guide got him in his Swaro spotting scope + iPhone Phone Skope combo, and we decided to go after him.
View attachment 218194
He was 1180 yards away, so we dropped down till we hit an opening in the scrub oak where the range was 847. I set up on my sticks for the shot. There was no wind, and we were now almost level with the bull, so no up/down angle to consider. Took 2 hits in the right shoulder to put him down.

View attachment 218217

My rifle was a McWhorter Custom, Stiller action, Brux barrel (1/8.5" twist). McMillan stock, TriggerTech trigger, Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 scope with custom turret. Used a G7BR2 range finder.
excellent!

It was a guided hunt on one of Utah's CWMU's. We had been glassing nice bulls for 2 days, but had not found the "one" I was hoping for. On the 3rd morning, we spotted a bull low and across the canyon from us. My guide got him in his Swaro spotting scope + iPhone Phone Skope combo, and we decided to go after him.
View attachment 218194
He was 1180 yards away, so we dropped down till we hit an opening in the scrub oak where the range was 847. I set up on my sticks for the shot. There was no wind, and we were now almost level with the bull, so no up/down angle to consider. Took 2 hits in the right shoulder to put him down.

View attachment 218217

My rifle was a McWhorter Custom, Stiller action, Brux barrel (1/8.5" twist). McMillan stock, TriggerTech trigger, Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 scope with custom turret. Used a G7BR2 range finder.
What a great bull. That will fill your freezer and your wall. I hunted with an STW for a number of years when I first moved to the west. Always had great results on Coues deer, Elk, and Antelope. My G7 has accounted for a large number of game animals going into the freezer. Mainly Coues deer at extended ranges. I'm curious what Gunwerks is going to replace it with. I guess we'll see soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.