Muzzle Brakes and more

WahooYahoo

So after a bit of asking around, reading in the forum and ponder, I decided I was gonna order a brake from MBM. I still have a few questions, so I sent an email as there is no posted phone number. Crickets....
I know they are popular, but I'm thinking I need to look at others. The MBM website looks vacant. There is a section for "in the works", that mentions estimated completion dates of a year ago.

I want a self timing, slim, non-radial brake. This is for a hunting rig, 7RM of course, and it will ride on a heavy sporter that is .700 at the muzzle, so 9/16-24 TPI. Recommendations?

Thank you in advance fellas

So after a bit of asking around, reading in the forum and ponder, I decided I was gonna order a brake from MBM. I still have a few questions, so I sent an email as there is no posted phone number. Crickets....
I know they are popular, but I'm thinking I need to look at others. The MBM website looks vacant. There is a section for "in the works", that mentions estimated completion dates of a year ago.

I want a self timing, slim, non-radial brake. This is for a hunting rig, 7RM of course, and it will ride on a heavy sporter that is .700 at the muzzle, so 9/16-24 TPI. Recommendations?

Check this out >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/phone-nathan-wright-from-mbm.224552/

Nathan was good with communication with me and my father both. I ordered a 3 port beast for my creed and my father a 5 port for his 300 winny. His brakes work very well!

Communication was great with me as well. You can also message him on here and he is fast to respond, Nathan's handle is "IdahoCTD". Look him up and start a conversation with him.

In your case, with your needs, I would get the 2 piece super baby beast 4 port in 9/16x24, as you stated. Outside diameter is .800, and at the back it tapers to .750, sit it would match up pretty decently, and reduce the recoil really well.

I have a self timing brake on my .338 RUM, great brake and he responded in a timely manner. How long did you wait for a response?

website says he was planning to have titanium brakes this past spring. Any idea if he has them in 2 piece?
I have a titanium 5 port beast brake for a .338 Norma I'm building, but it's a 1 piece. Not sure on 2 piece. Again, he is usually quick if you message on here. Only reason for him not responding would be if he was on a scout or hunt trip.

I have a titanium 5 port beast brake for a .338 Norma I'm building, but it's a 1 piece. Not sure on 2 piece. Again, he is usually quick if you message on here. Only reason for him not responding would be if he was on a scout or hunt trip.

@WAHOOYAHOO he was on here today at 1:37, if you want to get in contact with him soon though you better hurry, he will be leaving to Alaska on the 15th until the 24th

Yep! The link I provided in #2 talks about his hunting trip too.

Take a look at APA American precision arms brakes also terminator makes a great brake check the terminator out at shoot long.com I have both and I recommend them highly

Last edited:
PM him, hes getting ready to leave for AK but he had one in stock of what I wanted and hes going to open it for my caliber and taper it to my bbl profile and get it in the mail before he leaves. Hes a busy guy.
OP, if your muzzle isnt threaded yet, speak with your local Smith--- mine likes to put 5/8x24 on a .700 or larger barrel, when it comes to threading it's better to go bigger.

Nathan at mbm is a great guy, he helps you if you have questions, and his brakes work fantastic. I have 4 and the one I just ordered now makes 5.

I found communication with Nathan to be timely and informative. My 4 port lil' beast works beautifully. He was out hunting months back when I originally tried to contact him. I'm happy knowing that the person building my accessories understands how they will be used.