Mt Lion rifle

Not sure if I should, but after reading, I kind of wish we had lions in GA

Come to SEGA. Everybody I know has seen at least one black panther. Funny how I've been hunting and stomping around one of the biggest creek basins in SEGA hunting and fishing, have been running trail cameras for 30 yrs, and I haven't been so lucky.

I have been toying with a Mt lion hunt and was wondering how a lever action 357 mag would stack up. Heard the outfitters do not want to take a chance with a wounded lion around their dogs. Do they prefer a bigger caliber ?
I've been on a pile of hunts, guiding mainly, and we use all sorts of things. The houndsmen use a 22 mag pistol. My outfitter buddy packs an old 30-30. A 357 mag rifle would be quite good in my opinion. For me, I'd likely just grab a 223 these days. I used a 6.5-284 for a while and it's not too much for a 20 yard and less shot.

My dream is to take one with my Savage 99 .22HP. Dad and I cast the lead bullets a long time ago!
@adk hunter. Hey, I have one of those in the safe! Still have 20 rounds, factory 70 grain soft points to go with it. Also have about 50+ cases to load if I only had dies and the proper sized projos. Aren't they different diameter than our .22 cal stuff? My rifle is the take-down model made in 1915. Haven't heard anyone mention the 22 High Power in many, many years! Do you shoot yours? DT in MT ps: Mine has the old Weaver K3 scope on it.

Mt geezer-
I sure do shoot it. Have all the fixings to reload too. Yes, the bullets are smaller diameter. Mine has the peep sight and what Dad called a partridge sight on the front. A wide ramp or blade. Mine is a early take down too.