Motor Freaks !!!

Frank in the Laurels

...being a 16 year old driver during the muscle car age I know some of you were also....also a huge fan of drag racing from brackets to NHRA door slammers...you'll get a kick out of this bottom end block..I believe it was a turbo pro mod @ 10'000 rpms...amazing amount of damage..
FB_IMG_1720392167482.jpg

Serious carnage. Gotta love it!

I've destroyed my share of BBC's/392 Hemi's/Olds 455 engines in my drag boats and cars trying to wring the most out them as possible, but nothing like that pic.

Back in the day Jungle Jim Liberman was one of my heros. Or perhaps it was it his GF Pam that caught my eye. Hard to say ;)

I've destroyed my share of BBC's/392 Hemi's/Olds 455 engines in my drag boats and cars trying to wring the most out them as possible, but nothing like that pic.

Back in the day Jungle Jim Liberman was one of my heros. Or perhaps it was it his GF Pam that caught my eye. Hard to say ;)
I couldn't watch Jim because I was fixated on Pam lol 😂

I think I was 15 when I saw Jungle Jim and Pam at the track. I fell in love with drag racing,,,,, sort of.

Being a lover of the old HEMI engines from the 50s, I really enjoy going to Don Garlitz's museum in Ocala, Florida

In the museum. There is a section, display case, of parts that he has ruined. I am sure this is a very, very small percentage, but some really cool stuff, there is half of a V8 block with the camshaft still intact, but most of the block missing.

Had a guy that worked at the same company as I did. He invented the scroll compressor/blower under the name PSI. Very efficient, high manifold pressure but when running on nitro they had a tendency to explode. So bad that fans got injured and 1 killed I believe. NHRA banned them for a bit but managed to get back in on alcohol engines but not top fuel.

...being a 16 year old driver during the muscle car age I know some of you were also....also a huge fan of drag racing from brackets to NHRA door slammers...you'll get a kick out of this bottom end block..I believe it was a turbo pro mod @ 10'000 rpms...amazing amount of damage..
View attachment 585161
Yikes!!

Had a guy that worked at the same company as I did. He invented the scroll compressor/blower under the name PSI. Very efficient, high manifold pressure but when running on nitro they had a tendency to explode. So bad that fans got injured and 1 killed I believe. NHRA banned them for a bit but managed to get back in on alcohol engines but not top fuel.
Was that the one they called a Whipple blower?
I remember that one being outlawed