Mono metal handgun bullets.

I load the 200gr CE raptor in my 44 mag as well. We killed a moose with it out of an 1892 this year. No pass throughs, I put 5 in him at about 7 yards.
I load the underwood extreme defense for protection. I think they'd pass through a moose, but you don't have the petals.

I'll have to see if I can find some Accurate 7 or 9. You're getting real good velocities with those. Are you seating to 1.61" or longer? I can't run them longer than max saami or they don't cycle in the lever. Mind sharing the loads you have with those 2 powders?

I load the 200gr CE raptor in my 44 mag as well. We killed a moose with it out of an 1892 this year. No pass throughs, I put 5 in him at about 7 yards.
I load the underwood extreme defense for protection. I think they'd pass through a moose, but you don't have the petals.

I'll have to see if I can find some Accurate 7 or 9. You're getting real good velocities with those. Are you seating to 1.61" or longer? I can't run them longer than max saami or they don't cycle in the lever. Mind sharing the loads you have with those 2 powders?
My loads are not listed in detail in the article because people like to do dumb things and blame everyone else. I worked hard to get where I'm at in retirement and don't need to give any of that up for someone's stupidity.

I'm not insured for load data so there is no way I'm giving that out.

I load to sammi spec length.

I would guess you used traditional magnum powders and probably had very mild velocities.

The extreme penetrators will go through animals, body armor, and so on…..their wound channels look like a round nose fmj.

Very good article. Thanks for sharing. You had an impressive amount of time and money it this.

The extreme penetrators will go through animals, body armor, and so on…..their wound channels look like a round nose fmj.
Which is what I want in the defense scenario. I could give a crap less about the wound channel. I don't need them to die in 3mins or even 30 seconds. I need them dead right now. Head and spine only.

Good article!!!
And i applaud your efforts!!

But your math is flawed.

"E=MC" does not compute.
E=MC2. Or mass times velocity squared.

Hence why a 69gr bullet out of a 223 has substantially more energy than a 230gr bullet from a 45ACP.

Granted, your probably not grabbing the 223 when a bear pokes it's head into your tent.