Meopta durability????

I had a 3-18x FFP Optika6, and while the internals seemed to be fine, everything else felt questionable. The turrets were loose and felt cheap, the magnification ring felt like it was too easy to move, and the overall body/finish were kind of fragile and subject to wear. I sold it and bought another Element Optics Titan which I think is twice the scope for less money.
This is exactly opposite of my experience. I have only seen/held/owned one so not much of a sample size but I'd rate mine right with my Mark 5 HD.

I had a 3-18x FFP Optika6, and while the internals seemed to be fine, everything else felt questionable. The turrets were loose and felt cheap, the magnification ring felt like it was too easy to move, and the overall body/finish were kind of fragile and subject to wear. I sold it and bought another Element Optics Titan which I think is twice the scope for less money.
Wow. This is unlike my experience by a mile. I don’t know if the 3-18 is made that differently, or if you got a dud, but I my experience has been very different.
I think the turrets is one place that this scope gets dinged, and while it does not have really stiff turrets, I don’t mind them. I have definitely had more solid turrets. My mag ring is not easy to move, and is pretty stiff, like many others. The glass on this scope doesn’t compare to a Titan in my opinion, as I would say the Meopta actually has much better glass than a Titan. I also wouldn’t say the Titan is less money, more about the same. The Meopta has been on clearance for a while (may have ended by now), and I got mine new for $700. That is right at the same price as a Titan in store. Considering the same price, I wouldn’t consider a Titan over the Meopta.

This is exactly opposite of my experience. I have only seen/held/owned one so not much of a sample size but I'd rate mine right with my Mark 5 HD.

I have only had the one Meopta scope, so my sample size is one as well. As far as a comparison to the Leupold, I can see a parallel with both having similar lightweight construction and liking one so, therefore, liking the other. I think you are giving the Meopta a little bit too much credit comparing it to a Leupold that is double to triple the money. I will admit I prefer a bit beefier feeling scopes.

Wow. This is unlike my experience by a mile. I don’t know if the 3-18 is made that differently, or if you got a dud, but I my experience has been very different.
I think the turrets is one place that this scope gets dinged, and while it does not have really stiff turrets, I don’t mind them. I have definitely had more solid turrets. My mag ring is not easy to move, and is pretty stiff, like many others. The glass on this scope doesn’t compare to a Titan in my opinion, as I would say the Meopta actually has much better glass than a Titan. I also wouldn’t say the Titan is less money, more about the same. The Meopta has been on clearance for a while (may have ended by now), and I got mine new for $700. That is right at the same price as a Titan in store. Considering the same price, I wouldn’t consider a Titan over the Meopta.

If I did get a dud that only reinforces my thoughts that they are a bit lackluster lol. For comparison sake, at the time I think the Meoptas were in the $900-$1000 range and I got mine on sale for $800. I paid $700-$800 for my Titans so they are pretty close price wise but the Meopta did demand a little more. I don't know if that is still the case.

Feature wise I do love super stiff turrets and I agree that is something Meopta missed in the Optika 6, but I think that Element does really well across all their entire product line.

I think the build quality and finish on the Titan stomps the Meopta, but at the expense of weight. On my Meopta you could see where the scope rings were mounted and I remember having a pretty noticeable ding on the bell from riding in an ATV and general wear from light field use. Alternatively, my Titans are put together tight and feel tough. When they look scratched I rub it with my finger and it disappears.

As far as glass quality, I had no issue with the Meopta and actually run their binoculars because I think they are the best bang for your buck. Going back to the comparison to the Titan, it was a while ago but I looked through the two side by side before ultimately deciding to get rid of the Meopta. The glass quality was close enough that I didn't notice a difference with the Titan perhaps being slightly brighter to my eyes. The Titan had less scope shadow/visible tube probably due to it being 34mm and having a slightly larger exit pupil so it was easier for me to get behind and felt more immersive.

Ultimately the Meopta didn't do anything wrong, and certainly never failed internally or anything. It just wasn't as confidence inspiring or better performing than the Titan for similar money. My biggest gripes were the soft adjustments/magnification, and less durable finish. Since the OP's original question was on durability, I think there are better built scopes on the market in that price bracket.

Only a sample size of one for me. I tried an Optica6 a few years ago. Glass was decent, but turrets and magnification ring are to large. If they could make these smaller I might try another one.

I ended up returning the one I had. Put it onto a new 25-284 I built and after 15 rounds it wouldn’t return to zero or dial correctly. Spent a lot more money on a March and am much happier.

I have 4 Optika 5’s. Glass to me is on par with with the Leupold VX3HD
Turrets are better and less mushy with positive clicks. Mag ring is larger than it needs to be, and the tubes are very short..A picatinny rail will likely be necessary. Otherwise no functional issues and seem to track well and hold zero. Seem very well made for the price. The Plex reticle is very thin, so consider that if you will be using in low light, get an illuminated model. That cost me a buck last season with my Muzzleloader at at dusk.

I have three Meopta products. A spotting scope that is think is near Swarovski quality. And two rifle scopes. The Optica5 4-20x44 is has near, but not quite equil optical clarity to my Leupold Mark 4 (on the same power). The Optica is half the cost of the Leupold Mark 4. The Leupold Freedom 6-18x44 is the same price and less quality.

As for the Meopta durability? I had a Meopta mounted on a rifle and leaning against a counter. It fell over and hit scope first on a concrete floor. Zero remained good. As for tracking, I have only tested that while sighting in. They tracked well for that. The Optica5 I bought recently has a lifetime warrenty. The older MeoPro has a 10 year warrenty.

I have a Sig Whiskey 6 in a 3-18x44 that cost more than the Optica5 that does not have anywhere near the clarity.

For a low cost scope, I think the Meopta is great. If you are a quality snob, then buy a $2000 scope. Bottom line.