Meet Hank

huntinfool18

Stepped out of my house this morning to go to work at 3am and look what was in my front yard.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpeg
    IMG_1354.jpeg
    442.3 KB · Views: 288
There used to be a lot more here. Several that were bigger than this one but for some reason the city gave the go ahead to let law enforcement shoot the deer in town. I don't agree with this at all and not sure of the legality of it. I enjoy the deer but I guess others are complaining about them eating their flowers and bushes so they want them gone.

There used to be a lot more here. Several that were bigger than this one but for some reason the city gave the go ahead to let law enforcement shoot the deer in town. I don't agree with this at all and not sure of the legality of it. I enjoy the deer but I guess others are complaining about them eating their flowers and bushes so they want them gone.

This happened in Thermopolis several years ago. A bunch, a "bunch" of deer lived in town 24/7 - 365. The city killed-off a "BUNCH" of them. A pretty sad deal…..even though they were a bit destructive to peoples yards/landscaping and sometimes caused traffic nuisances! 😁 memtb

Back in Kemmerer in the late '80's - early '90's, there were lots of moose that would winter in town……they could be a nuisance as well.

In fact, I believe that the Ham's Fork drainage had the densest moose population of anywhere in the lower 48. If memory serves me, the G&F did a count showing over 500 in the drainage from Kemmerer to the headwaters. A note of possible interest…….the drainage ain't that big! 😉 memtb

I've hunted a fair number of deer over the years. So far the biggest mulies I've ever seen were on the lawn of the Credit Union, next to the Holiday Inn Express, in Lander. Humbling. Saw bigger in Sonora - but not stateside.
The biggest elk I ever saw was eating from a hanging basket on a lady's porch in Benezette, PA.

Recent Posts