Meet “Whiteshoes”

YZ-80

Guys,

This is Whiteshoes. She has been on mine and my neighbor's property for I think, going on 5 years now. She has produced 10 fawns in that time and has 2 this year. We've decided that this girl deserves a pass and agreed she's off limits. We want to see how long she stays with us and we are happy to have her here. That said, if she wanders off our properties, all bets are off.

Anyway, I think all of you respect and are thankful for the animals you harvest. In this case, we have decided to extend our respect one step further. Long live Whiteshoes!

Resized_Screenshot_20240814_125047_Gallery_1723654639667.jpeg

Guys,

This is Whiteshoes. She has been on mine and my neighbor's property for I think, going on 5 years now. She has produced 10 fawns in that time and has 2 this year. We've decided that this girl deserves a pass and agreed she's off limits. We want to see how long she stays with us and we are happy to have her here. That said, if she wanders off our properties, all bets are off.

Anyway, I think all of you respect and are thankful for the animals you harvest. In this case, we have decided to extend our respect one step further. Long live Whiteshoes!

View attachment 609663
Pay her homage!

Thanks for sharing. We had a doe that was about 3/4 piebald here on the Ohio farm a number of years ago. We'd see here almost every week for the first year, and I was hoping she'd make it through the first season. She didn't. I never hear anyone claim her, but our farm adjoins 2 others where people used to hunt, (new owner is opposed to hunting) and the forests are thick enough that it's possible to walk into the forest from the road and not be seen from the house. Interesting anomoly.

Please remember to vote! Hunters are low turnout voters, according to people who keep records. Yet hunters have a good reason to make sure their voice is heard at the polls. If you can't vote on Nov 5th, look into mail-in or absentee voting.

I voted mail-in yesterday.

Post # 900!

Recent Posts