McGuire Ballistics Feild Reports

****, it looks like you could push your fist thru that hole!

If that was eaten size there would be nothing left of the front ¼. lol. Well pre processed ground pork maybe.
It was a 175 pound sow. High shoulder right below the spine. The front end was a mess. We have started to tell people to hold right off sholder to avoid excessive meat damage.

250 pound boar
heart
30/30 135GR proto
MV 2050
0 yards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240808_061957_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240808_061957_Gallery.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20240808_062012_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240808_062012_Gallery.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20240211-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20240211-WA0016.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 39
Ordered my 50 250gr CR SF 338s

Extremely prompt shipping.

I placed my order on August 6th. Received my order today August 8th
I believe McGuire is on the West Coast CA and I am in VA on the East Coast.
2 days for standard shipping is crazy fast especially when you include processing the order.

It was annoyingly (jk) over packaged. A box inside of a box with insulation in both boxes. The annoying part was he uses that HD tape that has those rows of embedded string in the tape on both boxes. I was in my shorts coming from the lake to pu the package at the PO. Did not have my knife on me. I hate trying to get thru that tape LOL. Safe to say it's securely packaged LOL

These bullets are long and pointy. The point is quite sharp. Not needle but as much of a point a nail would have. The way I assume he spins these turned bullets to close the HP cavity is impressive vs using a separate tip material or leave a large hp open to negatively effect BC. You would think they were target solids looking at them.

Now to see how well my barrel likes them. Looking forward to testing them.

Last edited:

2 days for standard shipping is crazy fast especially when you include processing the order.

It was annoyingly (jk) over packaged. A box inside of a box with insulation in both boxes. The annoying part was he uses that HD tape that has those rows of embedded string in the tape on both boxes. I was in my shorts coming from the lake to pu the package at the PO. Did not have my knife on me. I hate trying to get thru that tape LOL. Safe to say it's securely packaged LOL

These bullets are long and pointy. The point is quite sharp. Not needle but as much of a point a nail would have. The way I assume he spins these turned bullets to close the HP cavity is impressive vs using a separate tip material or leave a large hp open to negatively effect BC. You would think they were target solids looking at them.

Thank you for giving them a shot. We do not trust shipping companies so we make sure they get to customers safely. 👍

If you don't mind could you share your results on this thread I started? Accuracy & load results, BC, and anything else! 🤙🏽

Here's the link: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/mcguire-ballistics-338s.358348/

I really enjoy seeing the results of your bullets! I recently purchased several different ones all mag feed versions. I'm curious if you guys notice any certain jump off the lands they like and how much neck tension? I'm just trying to save components and time, I'll be testing 125's out of a 6.5saum Sunday.

I really enjoy seeing the results of your bullets! I recently purchased several different ones all mag feed versions. I'm curious if you guys notice any certain jump off the lands they like and how much neck tension? I'm just trying to save components and time, I'll be testing 125's out of a 6.5saum Sunday.
According to @KH_Outdoors who seems to have done a decent amount of shooting these, he stated they like 0.020-0.030 jump and to be pushed in the upper node. Check out his thread on them McGuire Ballistic 338 Hard not to like that one hole 6 shot group he posted up with 250gr & n565 and the ½ moa with h1000.

Last edited:

The 125's shot great in my 6.5 PRC! I loaded them .025" off the lands and with approximately .0015-.002" (including spring back) of neck tension interference using a .263" mandrel. If you'd like, shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to help.

Hello sir, .001-.002 neck tension that has been internaly expanded is what i recommend. They tend not to be finicky to seating depth. I start everything .020 off unless there is a magazine restriction and aggressively climb through powder charges .5 two shots. When two fall sub .5moa with a tight ES and a speed that is acceptable I put a third one in. After that tje fine tuning gets done at range. 600 is where fine tuning is done. If you dont get the results you like on a proven gun I switch powder. They have been very easy to load for in my experience. I would think H4831sc or N555 would do phenomenon in a 6.5 SAUM. Those two powders have been the easy button for 6.5PRCs. Thank you for giving them a shot and let us know how it goes and if you need any trouble shooting done im open to a call. Thanks

California Black Tail
300 WM 178GR CRSF
3150MV
130 Yards
Entry? Exit?
Lungs

Attachments

• IMG-20240810-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20240810-WA0008.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20240812_073322.jpg
    IMG_20240812_073322.jpg