Magnum AR Project

Don't think a a 7 PRC will fit. A 6.8 Western will and will do the 175 grains.

Go short and go 277 Fury or 6.8X7.62. I think they top at 150gr or so.

Don't think a a 7 PRC will fit. A 6.8 Western will and will do the 175 grains.

Go short and go 277 Fury or 6.8X7.62. I think they top at 150gr or so.
It will, but will be more for mid weight bullets and maybe mid-heavy. Not sure of mag length with acis, but mag length of 3.240"

if i had the money to play around with i'd try a +4 (24-26" barrels) gas as to keep recoil mass lower. maybe woa would make a tube for it, but not sure who would do a barrel w/+4?

It's been awhile, but I finally got around to taking some pictures of the carbon fiber rifle. It's 10lbs 11oz (if I remember correctly) as it sits in the pictures. The side charging upper really makes this platform a lot better IMO. I've had 100% reliable ejection with this upper, very pleased with how it's turned out so far. I also tried shooting it suppressed, the ammo I had that day was already loaded a bit hot. It started showing a little bit of pressure signs with my handloads, so I switched to some 180gr factory ammo I had and it seemed to work better. I've got several loads worked up now, I'll be taking it out this week to see which one it likes the best.

Attachments

• IMG_2655.JPG
    IMG_2655.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2656.JPG
    IMG_2656.JPG
    373.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2657.JPG
    IMG_2657.JPG
    337.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2584.JPG
    IMG_2584.JPG
    450.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2585.JPG
    IMG_2585.JPG
    483.1 KB · Views: 14
Nice rifle. I have a Nemo Omen with a 24" carbon fiber Proof Research barrel and I really like it. Heavy, but it is a real shooter. Chambered in 300 Win Mag with very little recoil (about like a 5.56–which is nothing). Your rifle reminds me of my Omen. I like your rifle and happy shooting.

It's been awhile, but I finally got around to taking some pictures of the carbon fiber rifle. It's 10lbs 11oz (if I remember correctly) as it sits in the pictures. The side charging upper really makes this platform a lot better IMO. I've had 100% reliable ejection with this upper, very pleased with how it's turned out so far. I also tried shooting it suppressed, the ammo I had that day was already loaded a bit hot. It started showing a little bit of pressure signs with my handloads, so I switched to some 180gr factory ammo I had and it seemed to work better. I've got several loads worked up now, I'll be taking it out this week to see which one it likes the best.
Subtract the suppressor weight, optic and what is it

10.2 pounds per Nemo Omen Watchman spec sheet that came with the gun. Love to shoot it, but with a suppressor and NightForce ATCAR scope, you use it out of a box stand on sand bags--you wouldn't want to carry it up and down mountains and ridges. But I do love to shoot it and it is very accurate for an AR style weapon.

10.2 pounds per Nemo Omen Watchman spec sheet that came with the gun. Love to shoot it, but with a suppressor and NightForce ATCAR scope, you use it out of a box stand on sand bags--you wouldn't want to carry it up and down mountains and ridges. But I do love to shoot it and it is very accurate for an AR style weapon.
Heavy guns are more fun to shoot, but your right, they are a bit much for carrying up the mountain. I'm building an updated 6.5 PRC that will be around 12-14 lbs with optics. That rifle is all steel and aluminum, no carbon fiber.

I believe it's about 7.75 lbs without the bipod, scope or suppressor. Pictured is a slightly different rifle for my father-in-law, but the weight is very close within a few oz, I just can't remember the exact number.
View attachment 608066
that's a great weight as it's in the perfect range! to me 7-8.5# ar10's gives a good balance on 22-26" barrels. hopefully next year i'll be ordering 1 or 2! i'll stick with a 7saum (maybe go 7wsm) or do a 30-7prc in leu of 300saum or wsm. a 26-7prc would be a sweet spot!

Very nice rifle for 7.75lbs--that is sweet! Thanks for sharing! As for the 6.5 PRC--I have two of those in bolt guns and I love that caliber. I never really thought about 6.5 PRC in an AR style platform--that is cool too! Would love to hear how that build goes.

Very nice rifle for 7.75lbs--that is sweet! Thanks for sharing! As for the 6.5 PRC--I have two of those in bolt guns and I love that caliber. I never really thought about 6.5 PRC in an AR style platform--that is cool too! Would love to hear how that build goes.
being that the magwell is milled to accept aics mags instead on ar10's it gives a boost for those "CARTRIDGES" as calibers aren't correct. in some instances caliber is correct. his build does justice to those short mag cartridges than my ar10 short mags do. having that extra .250-.280" over the 2.860" really makes it sweet!