Magnum AR Project

Last place I saw making a 7 Rem Mag was Noreen

That's the only one I have seen too

I have a Nemo Omen chambered in 300 Win Mag from Nemo Arms. I suggest you go to Nemo's website and check out their rifles and options. The Omen model like I have comes with a 24" carbon fiber barrel, 4-way adjustable gas system (for use with suppressors), and a Geissle 2-stage (SSE model trigger I think), and is a tack driver. They are pricey (model I have is over $6,000) but very well built. For their magnum rifles Nemo uses a proprietary bolt with a heavy spring system (in the bolt) that makes it a pleasure to shoot. The recoil on my Nemo Omen 300 Win Mag with factory 150 grain ammo is about like shooting an AR-15 with 5.56 ammo. One drawback is the gun is heavy when you rig it out with quality optics. I had a Nightforce ATCAR and suppressor on mine and it was heavy to hunt whitetails with. You definitely wouldn't want to lug it around mountains stalking game; however, that's really not what it's designed to do. The gun is fun, a pleasure to shoot, and very accurate. Go check out Nemo's website and see if something appeals to you. Thanks

Don't think I've got enough posts here for a PM yet, any updates on this? Any website or potential buyer signup sheets? I'm really interested in one of these!
I don't think I'm allowed to post a direct link? If you search for "Kaliber Tech KT10 Longbow" it should pop up for you. If you are interested in buying one let me know, forum members will get 10% off.

I don't think I'm allowed to post a direct link? If you search for "Kaliber Tech KT10 Longbow" it should pop up for you. If you are interested in buying one let me know, forum members will get 10% off.
I'm very glad you go up and running with these cartridges! Maybe other short mags will follow!

It's been awhile since I've posted an update. I finally got the gas port sized dialed in before hunting season in November with both calibers, harvested a cow elk with the 300 WSM too. It was cold and very snowy that day, probably had about 3 feet of snow on the ground. Never had issues with the magazines, I've tested both the 6.5 PRC and 300 WSM and they both have been feeding great for a couple hundred rounds now. I'm currently building a customer a 300 WSM with a carbon fiber barrel and handguard, I'm looking forward to seeing how much weight is saved compared to what I currently have built.

Attachments

• IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2183.JPG
    IMG_2183.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 26
I think so! I've got brass for the 7 SAUM, all I need is the barrel.
I got a 7saum from x-cal, but haven't shot it yet as I need to load some ammo and finish tightening up the build. Not sure how the mags from LaRue will work out, but can go to 2.870ish. Hopefully won't have too much feeding issues that can't get resolved easily. Your lowers are the answer for sure! When I get the funds I'll order a 300wsm. Fingers crossed!

I got a 7saum from x-cal, but haven't shot it yet as I need to load some ammo and finish tightening up the build. Not sure how the mags from LaRue will work out, but can go to 2.870ish. Hopefully won't have too much feeding issues that can't get resolved easily. Your lowers are the answer for sure! When I get the funds I'll order a 300wsm. Fingers crossed!
Can't wait to hear more on this! I really like the 7 SAUM, I just wish it was more popular. I can confidently say that I've never had a feeding issue with the AICS mags since day one, they've worked great! The 2.955 OAL is a game changer in this platform. Let me know when you're ready to get one, I'll give you 10% off.

Can't wait to hear more on this! I really like the 7 SAUM, I just wish it was more popular. I can confidently say that I've never had a feeding issue with the AICS mags since day one, they've worked great! The 2.955 OAL is a game changer in this platform. Let me know when you're ready to get one, I'll give you 10% off.
If I get my contracts done, then I'll give you a call. Hopefully by or before May.

I think my biggest issue will be the follower. The feed lips are metal and can be adjusted to h/s guidelines.

These are the 6.5 (22") and 7saum (28") with both being +2 gas. Port size I'll have to recheck (saum I think had a .099)? 28-14.7 = 13.3 for dwell time. That's a lot of dwell compared to a 22" od 7.3". What settings have you found out work best between the 6.5 and 300?

Attachments

• 20240205_104416.jpg
    20240205_104416.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 17