Lowest Profile S&W M&P 2.0 sights

megastink

I carry a full frame M&P 2.0 10mm while in the woods. My groups are consistent, but about 3" low at 5 yards, or as I call it, "Bear Distance". I have suppressor height sights on it now, and no real intention of suppressing it. I also don't want an optic. I am looking for the lowest profile iron sights I can find, and I'm hoping someone here can point me in that direction. Thank you in advance!

Does your M&P have "Night Sights" , Tritium , or Fiber-Optic sights ?
If not , you can file down the height of the front sight blade , a little at a time , until you reach the proper height sight for your intended shooting range . You can do this while at the shooting range .
Then , you can paint another white dot there on front blade .

DMP25-06

I started editing my post, and got distracted, so I'll make a new one.

It looks like S&W doesn't currently sell a 10mm M&P 2.0 that isn't optics ready with tall sights. That's weird.

I've got a few compact and full size M&Ps, and their sights are shorter than anything I've got on a 1911, and roughly the same height as my G23's factory (lame) sights. I kinda doubt any aftermarket sight manufacturer will make really low profile sights for the M&Ps.

I have seen those sights on that pistol as I have been eying that same model in the store. I would go with Trijicon standard height sights if it were me. I think it's a good choice staying with irons if used for a bear gun.

How do you like that S&W??? I want one In a 10mm!!!

Yep, they're tall enough to be seen through the window of an installed optic, and completely unreasonable for any other use.

I did more digging, and S&W doesn't seem to offer Tritium sights for the M2.0s. Again....weird.

If you want Tritium, then Trijicon is the only option I'd consider. The ~.048" difference is unlikely to make a meaningful difference.,

I just got to my laptop, and a standard M&P rear sight would overhang the rear of the slide, since the optic mounting interface pushes the sight cut to the rear, and a different sight design is used. Trijicon's offering for the M&Ps follow the design of the standard M&P rear sight, so is also unlikely to be appropriate.

It's quite unlikely that the OP isn't the only person that wants an optic ready slide without tall sights, so they've probably been asked many times for standard height sights for these pistols.

I have seen those sights on that pistol as I have been eying that same model in the store. I would go with Trijicon standard height sights if it were me. I think it's a good choice staying with irons if used for a bear gun.

How do you like that S&W??? I want one In a 10mm!!!
It's my first pistol, so I don't have a wealth of knowledge to compare it to. But I walked into the shop that day to buy a Glock, and after handling about five different pistols, I walked out with the S&W. I did drawing exercises with all of them that I handled, picking a spot across the room and without removing my eyes from my target, brought each one up from my hip and on target. That M&P was the ONLY one that was organically on target every time. I figured a first round hit would be the most crucial in the event of a charging bear.

I love the more vertical grip, the texture of the grip really sticks in my hand. Everything is smooth, and the trigger is crisp. I'm now shopping for a 9mm carry gun and the Shield and compact 2.0 front runners.

It's my first pistol, so I don't have a wealth of knowledge to compare it to. But I walked into the shop that day to buy a Glock, and after handling about five different pistols, I walked out with the S&W. I did drawing exercises with all of them that I handled, picking a spot across the room and without removing my eyes from my target, brought each one up from my hip and on target. That M&P was the ONLY one that was organically on target every time. I figured a first round hit would be the most crucial in the event of a charging bear.

I love the more vertical grip, the texture of the grip really sticks in my hand. Everything is smooth, and the trigger is crisp. I'm now shopping for a 9mm carry gun and the Shield and compact 2.0 front runners.
Sig P365 is what i just bought. Shot it today and loving it. Don't count out the Glock 43x though. Really like the shield plus though…I need the whole set!