Long range loads

Started using it recently and love it. Invested in an 8 pound keg and it has been great. I'm only using it in heavy for caliber configurations but it's been great so far . On par with rl 33 in my 338 edge. Just started making loads for a 7mm so I don't have much answers for you there. But from what I can gather, it works pretty good for heavy for caliber bullets. Tried making loads with it in a 338 win mag with 225 grain bullets and a 22 inch barrel but it couldn't burn all the powder. Gave up on eldx bullets a while ago but 9.5 twist seems a little slow for 175 grain jacketed bullet out of a 7mm. But I could be wrong. Hope my rambling helps

That 175gr ELD will not stabilize in that twist most likely, there website says 8.5 or faster. I used it with 168gr Berger. It was okay, didn't get any groups I wanted to pursue really and SD's were high. Went with retumbo better groups and SD's. The heaviest long-range bullet I could find that shot well from my gun is the 168gr classic hunter Berger, it will stabilize in 9.5.

Last edited:
Sta bil 6.5 works very well in a 280 AI with light/medium wt bullets which I think is a sweet spot for this powder.

Recent Posts