LONG RANGE is on its way!

Good on you to share this!

That breech plug is genius.

Like you stated, always use witness marks!

Glad it all worked out for you, that is a beautiful rifle!

What are your thoughts on the new fury bullets?

How have they compared to the original startips?

EOTW
The old .50cal Fury star tip bullets shot less than moa to 300, but beyond that they wouldn't group for me. Then again that was from my UF BP Xpress.

Both the 275gr and 300gr Star tip2 bullets shoot excellent from this .45cal.
The day I stuck the bullet I sent two rounds using a chart I made from JBM. They were both low and right, but tight. I made the vertical adjustment and sent my 3rd bullet and the height was perfect. At that point I really wanted to shoot two more for a 3 shot group. Things then went bad...…

From what I've shot of the star tip2 bullets, they shoot excellent. I size them to load at 19#. I know they work on game. A lot of shooters are using them shooting smokeless in their customs.

IMG_1717.JPG

I had the same results as you with the originals. Easily under moa to 300 yards.

Do they make the Startip 2's in .50 cal? I checked fury's site but didn't see any.

That new rifle of yours sure looks like it's a shooter!

EOTW

I had the same results as you with the originals. Easily under moa to 300 yards.

Do they make the Startip 2's in .50 cal? I checked fury's site but didn't see any.

That new rifle of yours sure looks like it's a shooter!

EOTW

I might be mistaken, but I believe Dennis has the ST2 for the 50's, just not listed on the web site. You could call him and check. He's very good at taking phone calls unless he's very busy. Great guy to talk with.

This thread is really encouraging. I've been pondering a 45cal build for a while now. Thanks for sharing you results

This thread is really encouraging. I've been pondering a 45cal build for a while now. Thanks for sharing you results
These customs will just FLAT OUT SHOOT and they are more accurate than the shooters on the triggers. The quality of a custom far exceeds even the best production rifles. Actually the quality shames production rifles.
However I will say that Knight has stepped up the game with their fast twist .45cal, 1:20 twist rifles and they will shoot. CVA is getting on board with the Paramount and I believe an Accura model (?) in .45cal with 1:22 twists.
The custom rifles will definitely test the skills of their owners.

Yes sir. I plan to use a 45cal brux with the ASG system. My smith has built a couple and they flat out hammer.

I can't figure a reason to buy a factory rifle with optics when I can get a barrel for my primary hunting rifle.

What contour barrel did you go with? I wish Proof or someone would come out with a carbon 45 blank

............What contour barrel did you go with?...……..

Bestill Creations LLC custom .45cal.
McMillan Game Warden McWoody finished stock with adjustable cheek (bedded)
Remington 700 S/A single shot (from BP Xpress)
Modified bolt w/stop
ASG/AR breech plug
50 brass and 60 hardened modules
.250" recoil lug
Rock Creek 1:19 twist, heavy varmint barrel.... 1.250" for 5" then straight taper to .892" at 26", 28" OAL
LR Customs T-Rex CSTM muzzle brake...……… love it!
Jewel trigger
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50
Leupold 15moa Mark4 mount (bedded to action)
Leupold Mark4 rings (lapped)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.