Leupold Ultimate Slam 3x9x40mm muzzle loader scope?

204_ruger

What bullet weight and powder charge r you using? Does the BDC reticle work right for u? I was using Hornady 250gr SST bullets. But when I went to the new Leupold scope. I went up to the Hornady 290 gr Bore Driver bullet. Both bullets I have been shooting 84 grs of blackhorn by weight. My muzzle loader is a CVA Optima V2 50 cal Long Range rifle.

I like the BDC scopes, and I had one on my muzzleloaders until NM Game & Fish made us go back to open sights. You have to verify the drops at the range, but I found them plenty close for muzzleloading. I use 300 gr. bullets for deer, and 400 gr. for elk, so some compensation was required.

Last year I put one one on a knight mountaineer 50 cal I like it .
I shoot the 340eldx bore driver over 84 grains of bh209.
100 yrd zero
I use the the Hornady ballistic app butt I also put a sticker inside the scope cap with yardage for the reticles for a quick shot if needed

In years past, I used the Leupold Ultimate Slam on a TC Encore with 250 gr TC Shockwave or Hornady SST with Tripple 7/120gr by volume for out of state antelope, elk, and deer. My last was a 6X5 bull in AZ at 178 yards. I found the advertised BDC marks to be very accurate for that load and the scope always performed very well. It's really simple to make yourself a custom drop chart for your reticle if you need to, and I think your bullet choice is great. Also, I did not like the Nikon scope with BDC circles, since they disappeared in low light while the Ultimate Slam reticle was still visible.
Recently, I switched to a CVA MR-X/340 ELD-X/84gr BH209 by weight, but went with a Leupold VX3 HD with the CDS turret and have shot some unbelievable groups (sub MOA) out to 300 yards. For fun, I plan to shoot it farther, but haven't had time yet, though I did use it to take a buck antelope in September, at an identical 178 yards and honestly, it felt a little too easy, shooting prone off my backpack with my bino pack for a rear support. Instead of having a new turret cut, I make a small drop chart on my printer, which I attach to my scope with clear packing tape, cut slightly larger than the chart, so as to seal the chart from the elements, then if I want to try a different bullet or load, I can just update my chart and be good to go, without going back to Leupold. I've hunted with friends in AZ that have truly long-range systems, but at my age I prefer the lighter weight rifles and don't intend to shoot them past 300 yards on game.