Len's Grand Canyon, solo Rim 2 Rim 2 Rim backpacking trip - April 2022

CONGRATS Len! Rim 2 Rim 2 RIM is a big accomplishment in anyone's book no matter what age.
What Len hasn't mentioned (that I know of) is that he is 75 years young- maybe 76.
Len and I hiked the Grand Canyon (North Rim to South Rim) over 4 years ago when he was 71 and I was 74. It was his first GC backpack and I must confess Len was in a lot better shape than I was. Guess I should have trained a bit more instead of spending time building a linen closet in my house.

BTW, my avatar photo was taken by Len on our last day in get GC hiking up to the South Rim.
Len, I'm training to backpack The Ruby Crest Trail in northern Nevada. It is called "Nevada's Yosemite" for its mountain beauty. This year I have a one person Tarptent Notch Li Dyneema fabric tent that is half the weight of the solo tent I carried on our trip. As a geezer of 79 I need to "add lightness" to my pack.
Eric B.

That's awesome o can't wait!!! I'm heading out to run it with some friends in a few weeks, same day… stupid is as stupid does and suffer through it in a day. 3-4 days is the smart way to do it but i'm only 57 and age/fitness matters a lot for this it is not easy at all! The pictures are amazing too! The last time we did it we saw a ton of deer and goats!

CONGRATS Len! Rim 2 Rim 2 RIM is a big accomplishment in anyone's book no matter what age.
What Len hasn't mentioned (that I know of) is that he is 75 years young- maybe 76.
Len and I hiked the Grand Canyon (North Rim to South Rim) over 4 years ago when he was 71 and I was 74. It was his first GC backpack and I must confess Len was in a lot better shape than I was. Guess I should have trained a bit more instead of spending time building a linen closet in my house.

BTW, my avatar photo was taken by Len on our last day in get GC hiking up to the South Rim.
Len, I'm training to backpack The Ruby Crest Trail in northern Nevada. It is called "Nevada's Yosemite" for its mountain beauty. This year I have a one person Tarptent Notch Li Dyneema fabric tent that is half the weight of the solo tent I carried on our trip. As a geezer of 79 I need to "add lightness" to my pack.
Eric B.
I hope you will write about your adventure!

That's awesome o can't wait!!! I'm heading out to run it with some friends in a few weeks, same day… stupid is as stupid does and suffer through it in a day. 3-4 days is the smart way to do it but i'm only 57 and age/fitness matters a lot for this it is not easy at all! The pictures are amazing too! The last time we did it we saw a ton of deer and goats!
Ed

Have a great run and report back to us please...with a few photos.

We want to see your colorful outfits!

I turn all the slr stuff off on my Sony, and do everything manually, get better results than the camera/lenses that thinks it's smarter than me, lol it probably is!