Len's Grand Canyon, solo Rim 2 Rim 2 Rim backpacking trip - April 2022

Great Trip! Been to the rim a couple times. As an east coast, sea level flatlander the vastness and altitude were literally breathtaking. I'm sure its a whole different thing down inside on foot. Great photos too.

Last edited:
When I was 13 years old, I went on a YMCA Caravan Trip to the Grand Canyon. We hiked in from the South Rim to the Havasupai Reservation. We camped near the Havasupai Falls. A beautiful place.

Wow, awesome photos! Thanks for sharing your trip.

Many years ago I read a book called "The Man Who Walked Through Time." Where, if I remember correctly, the author hiked the length of the Grand Canyon only coming up near the rim to access one of his caches...

I was last there after a snowstorm laid down about 8" of snow. It was breathtaking to say the least. However, nobody was going very close to the rim.

Looking forward to your Glacier trip.
I remember reading Colin Fletcher's book many years ago....

And you are correct.

Thank you very much for the pictures. I really enjoyed them. I look forward to seeing pictures from glacier national Park.

Quite the accomplishment and dedication getting this done at literally all hours of the day. I have done several pack trips, the Eagle Cap Wilderness in Oregon being one but nothing close to the miles here. I'm curious what your pack weight is?

Thanks for the picture's, amazing!
About 24 pounds weight including food water the shirt and pants I wear plus other clothes.

Super light weight gear.

Tent 1.6#
Sleep bag 1.5#
Backpack 1.5#
Sleep pad 1.0 #

I am 6 feet and weigh about 175 these days.

Thank you very much for the pictures. I really enjoyed them. I look forward to seeing pictures from glacier national Park.
I was surprised and thrilled when the confirming email came to me!

Tough permited route to get. It helped my odds that I offered a 30 day span of potential starting dates.