Last day of 2019

TLB2

With the end of the year closing and my vacation coming to a end. We have had a very hot and humid deer season in SW GA.
Havent had much time to prepare for hunting this year , but managed to plant food plots.

Ive have only set in the stand 3 times all season. Didnt get around to mowing or tree pruning.

Got in the stand Monday evening on our farm and a fox kept running and digging in the food plot. I decided to shoot him.
10 minutes later does starting coming in and feeding till dark.

Went Tuesday evening and another fox started doing the same thing, but he finally left. At 5:30 this feller decided to come check things out on the scrape. He was fixing to slip back in the timber ,but I managed to find a hole to shoot.

Tikka T3 light in 7mm08 with Leupold VX3 . 140grain fusion found its mark. Second best deer Ive tagged on our farm. in 25 years

10 point 16.5 -17 inches wide around 150#

deer3.jpg

deer2.jpg

well due to shooting limitation.House in background I decide to pass on that last 5 minute shot last night. Only 200 to der and houses where up hill,add in drop between them and me at about 600 yrds.Shot would not really be unsafe,but still figure best not to take it. Oh yea it was just big doe and not nice 8 pointer(might have judged different). Oh well still got 5 in freezer although we normally go thru 6 to 8 per year,I need to loose weight for up coming racing season anyway.LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.