Last day of the season deer

Timnterra

I hunted all season looking for a big deer but didn't come across any. I passed on several that will be studs in a couple years unless someone else harvests them prematurely. With that said I took this management buck at 475yards this morning. I recorded the video myself with my phone and spotting scope and I kept bumping the tripod but the shot is still in the edge of the frame. I was shooting a 270 Winchester with 150gr Nosler LRAB. Enjoy

I hunted all season looking for a big deer but didn't come across any. I passed on several that will be studs in a couple years unless someone else harvests them prematurely. With that said I took this management buck at 475yards this morning. I recorded the video myself with my phone and spotting scope and I kept bumping the tripod but the shot is still in the edge of the frame. I was shooting a 270 Winchester with 150gr Nosler LRAB. Enjoy

Awesome

Thanks, I think I'm hooked on filming hunts now. Probably not a great thing considering how expensive I'm sure that hobby can become

Hi Tim, great shot, can you give us details on the rifle and load.
Drags

The rifle is a Remington 700 custom 270 Winchester. The rifle has a blueprinted rem 700 action, #4 contour 26" Shilen select match barrel 1-10" twist. It rides in a McMillan Remington hunter profile stock with a jewell Trigger. The scope is a Leupold vx3 6.5-20x50 with mk4 elevation turret. The load is a 150gr Nosler LRAB on top of 52gr of IMR 4451 with a fed210m primer and Winchester brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts