ladder stand recommendation

hesse

So my son may be able to make it for deer hunting he is a USMC Sergeant . So it may be something that's like last minute I am looking for a really good comfortable two person ladder stand with the shooting rail animal 15 ft to 20 ft looking for recommendations

I've got a few made by Big Game and on a piece of land I'm fortunate to hunt, the owner bought several millennium 2 man stands…. Huge difference in price but both work great. The big game is not as comfortable but I'd good enough.

Just my opinion but a single seat ladder-stand is just about worthless. You need a double just to have enough room for your pack/gear and a little room to shift around for the odd angle shots that almost always present themselves. You need a place to prop your rifle up when you take a minute to yield to the call of nature.

If you want to put two adults in a ladder-stand, my advice would be to find the LARGEST stand out there.

Last edited:
Millennium would be my choice. Big game are priced better but not as comfortable and a little squeaky.
One thing to be familiar with is putting them up. It's best to have a second person for assistance because they are top heavy. Be sure to watch some YouTube videos and see some ingenious ideas to help make it easier. Be safe!

Is this for you and your adult son, or just for him? Depending on your sizes, weight limit could be an issue. Sitting with my boys as 10/12 yr olds was one thing. Now, them as young adults, we'd stress out some welds.

Recent Posts