Knife Selection

I"m a big fan of the Outdoor Edge for field work, I've used the Havalon quite a bit as well but it's too fragile for my comfort level in the field....but I use it a lot at the house when cutting up critters.
1652708984994.png

The good old Gerber LST is still my all time fav knife for the pack. It's light and capable and all I need for deer/elk etc...

I usually carry Kershaw's and Gerber's, I am kinda turned off by the price on Benchmade knives though I love the look of them....I am sure they are great but I am not dropping 350 bucks on a knife.

I carry a havalon piranta and usually a buck alpha or mini in sv 30 steel. In the office, I can't stand a dull blade, so I change it out. Why settle for less in the field? I can do a gutless method on an elk with 1 or 2 blades in the havalon. If it gets dull, I'll spend the .40 for a fresh shaving blade. I carry a pill bottle to put the used blades into and deposit in the sharps container when I get back to the office...

Some years back I shot a cow elk about 30 minutes before dark and had a brand new replacable knife and broke the blade within a few minutes and broke the replacment blade and went to my Buck and finished the job.
If they were thicker it would help.I now use a Cold Steel Master Hunter