Javelina

Teeing of of this, What would be the lighted bullet you would use with h1000. In my 300 win mag. It's a Christensen Arms ridgeline.

Also I've got some hogdon blc-2. That I had for an old 25-06. Wonder if that would be a decent substitute for 4895. Wealth of knowledge here and I'm just trying to absorb

Javi were made for spot and stalk bow hunting. If you have to use a rifle, anything will work. No need to change what you are shooting now.

Welcome to LRH from AZ.

Use what ever you have for Javelina, don't need to try a different load, shot them with what you have.

I've taken them with a 223 Rem, 7mm-08, 280 Rem, 270 Win, and a 7mm Rem Mag. All of them killed them just the same, and head shots work best so you don't mess up the little meat they have.

A 22 LR hollow point through the lungs and they run about 30 yards before keeling over. I've taken a dozen that way while raiding my garden.

A 300 WM should do the job. I'd use a light mono with a light powder change. Whatever shoots good.

FYI, can't hunt large game in AZ with Rimfire cartridges, any centerline rifle will work though.

Recent Posts