Issues I have with E bike deer hunting want your thoughts

Yes I do, usually drive 4 kms/hr above the speed limit, so nobody behind me can say that i was holding them up.
I also drive half the speed limit when conditions dictate.

But you're the 1 saying a law is a law, but yet say speeding is fine.
Hypocritical much.

And being confrontational is a good way to get beat up, or worse.
Don't be crying and sniveling when you're bleeding.
Confrontation is a real good way to start something, I've witnessed it numerous times in my 28 years on earth.
Last guy who got in my face, got himself hurt.
I'm small, but quick, and took martial arts for years.
And I'm not nearly as likely to get physical as most of the people who I know.
You stop any one of the farms hands I work with, and start yelling or ranting at them, you can be certain that they will climb off that ebike and hurt you, and that includes the female ranch hand, she actually will probably be faster to throw hands and kicks than the guys.
Hunters are also armed...so you may want to think about the consequences of your actions, before it becomes too late.
If it was me you flipped out on, I would also be telling the guys once I got home. They would come looking for you!
I said a few miles/km an hour of the speed limit probably isn't a big deal because it doesn't hurt anyone or anything. I then said that taking motor vehicles cross country degrades the land that was set aside for those still in the womb of time.

Scary! You showed up on this forum 2 minutes ago and going on like this, telling me you're going to beat me up...

You obviously know nothing about me, what I do or have done, same is true for people you run into out in the world that you decide you want to throw hands with.

I'm quite aware that hunters are armed, I hunt, I'm always armed not just when I'm hunting.

Man everyone is getting real emotional about this.Chav im mostly in agreement but man, there is access for e bike and in some areas its likely better elk country than you have seen.This is coming from a lifelong MT guy that been all overMT,BOB,special tag areas,ID before wolf Gardnier back when...
I know it's out there. I really don't have any problem with e-bikes, my fear is where does it stop. The next thing you know these things have Tesla-like motors in them and can out-pace a YZ-450. Where do we stop? Do we really want these things in "non-motorized" areas? Obviously, God willing, they won't end up in Wilderness areas, not sure how that could happen, but I know mountain bikers have petitioned for allowing them in. There's plenty of places that E-Bikes are allowed and I have absolutely zero issue with that as I've said this entire time. I don't want to see them going cross-country through anything, I'm not sure how well that would work in most of the places I've been, especially for elk, with all of the dead-fall. I want one, I really do, I know it will allow me to go farther faster and get back easier, but there's no way I'm going to be the guy taking one off trail. I just think, at a very elementary level, that it's completely disrespectful to the land and anyone that were to come behind me. But, here I am being told I'll get my butt kicked because I have respect for the land that I believe we should all be stewards of.

You would have to local to under stand some.Ive hunted all over west before re intro of wolf.Gardnier, is a area that had 24,000 elk before wolf NOT NOW maybe 4000

Gotcha. One of my best friends lives South of Livingston in Paradise Valley, north of Gardiner. We've had this discussion.
Thanks.

Maybe were sharing that Magic Fortune Ball "

Your post says you're not worried about folks ruining your hunt but it sure sounds like you are. But I agree with walk in only areas, human feet only.
I'm stating a fact. Where it's allowed already is what happens. Anyone that's driven a fire road during a season in a popular area that gives out mass tags, has seen it will be like this. That's not really speculative. It WILL happen.

700 dudes though, idk.

As for my hunt, no. You haven't read anything I said. I go to great lengths to be away from the goons and away from the roads or other hunters. I promise you, I will continue to do just fine.

However, it would be a **** mess, and if people act the way they do on other public lands then yes, you will have closures. The land will be degraded. The point of a wilderness will no longer exist and everyone else will then start to lobby their wants and desires. "If e-bikes can go, then why can't my side by side."
"If side by sides can go, then why can't my Jeep"

Last edited:
However, it would be a **** mess, and if people act the way they do on other public lands then yes, you will have closures. The land will be degraded. The point of a wilderness will no longer exist and everyone else will then start to lobby their wants and desires. "If e-bikes can go, then why can't my side by side."
"If side by sides can go, then why can't my Jeep"
Especially once regular dirt bikes, side by sides and Jeeps are electric.
May not be tomorrow, but its coming.

Actually I read the word ' geriatrics ' right in this very thread, used to describe ebike riders.

I haven't any guilt at all about owning a horse, but also do not feel that gives me some special rights because I do.

Lets all just share the land in harmony!
Yes, well it's not the 17 year olds trying to punch the easy ticket now is it. This set of rules for US land is not meant to **** off hunters, or Canadians. It's to protect and persevere the land. This IS the harmony you talk of.

That must be some Trudeau logic. You're on your high horse about disordering US wilderness act because you have a horse. That horse makes you "not royalty." Lady, we know. I don't care about your horse. Sounds like guilt to me. Straight out of the reparations text book.

So which laws do you choose to break?
And don't bother lying and tell me you have not broken any laws.
My father is a Judge, and believes in laws, until he breaks them...I've seen him disregard the law with my own eyes.
Drinking under age, speeding, doing drugs, spit out gum, littered, cheated on their taxes, hit someone, dinged a car door, and on and on.
I watched a cop just today break numerous laws, and they should be leading by example.
Wow, thank you for confirming my post. Am I perfect? Far from it but I do believe in my own strength of character that was infused by my parents.

Each person has their own moral compass to follow. Some cannot walk a line with theirs.

At some point when we allow one type of motorized equipment into the backcountry, we would then need to allow another, then another, then another. At this point it is now frontcountry and getting into the backcountry is no longer a thing.

I don't own a horse - horses are expensive - I do someday hope to own some sort of pack stock, if that's goats, lamas, mules, horses, whatever.

The thing is E-Bikes are much more practical and attainable for way more people than pack stock are. Anyone can own, store, and transport an e-bike - stock not so much, you need know how, land, a trailer, a truck, etc.

If we allow motorized vehicles in every single inch of land just because it's public there wont be much backcountry left where animals can find some sanctuary. I don't have a problem with E-Bikes, I've actually been looking at getting one. I think e-bikes just like ALL other motor vehicles should be required to stay on roads, or designated bike trials, period.
I agree with critters needing a place.
But any fool can own a horse and trailer, and an EBike.

Really? The guy living in an apartment in Missoula can own a horse? Seems like this guy is more likely to own an e-bike.

Easily, horse boarding stables are plentiful.
Just 10kms from where I live is a boarding stable with over 100 horses, because the city dwellers don't have their own space for a horse.
In the area around here at last count were 9 such stables.
Condo life doesn't exclude any one from horse ownership.

Would seem to me that should be blatantly obvious.