Int'l Sheep

Consider an Ibex hunt in Spain. There are numerous outfitters to choose from. We hunted Gredoes and Beceite last Oct. Took five nice animals. Was fun, safe, good food and lodging. Had to use the outfitters rifles. Turned out well. MTG

Attachments

• 3A440C9A-9E87-412E-AB9C-F82459242485.jpeg
    3A440C9A-9E87-412E-AB9C-F82459242485.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 540816AB-F23D-4894-BA23-AFE2592FCDAC.jpeg
    540816AB-F23D-4894-BA23-AFE2592FCDAC.jpeg
    780.3 KB · Views: 65
  • BCF07376-8937-4230-B2C6-0EA36DF3096D.jpeg
    BCF07376-8937-4230-B2C6-0EA36DF3096D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
  • F9AA4ECD-CAA4-4C93-89FF-0A7E0AC84411.jpeg
    F9AA4ECD-CAA4-4C93-89FF-0A7E0AC84411.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 33596FE8-77D7-4F3E-BBA2-836A596896F9.jpeg
    33596FE8-77D7-4F3E-BBA2-836A596896F9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
It was my pleasure to offer another poster on this forum some information. I would also like to offer an opinion, my opinion only, that this is NOT a dress rehearsal. You go this way in life but once. I say go for it…..within reason of course.
I have been told, by some of my disturbed friends, that they have it on good information that there are no ATM machines in hell. MTG

...... that this is NOT a dress rehearsal. You go this way in life but once. I say go for it…..within reason of course.
I have been told, by some of my disturbed friends, that they have it on good information that there are no ATM machines in hell. MTG
Like MTGunner says....try to live before you die.

In my lifetime I have traveled to 14 (edited again) countries both by myself, with the military and with spouse (1) and spouse (2) and never had a truly dangerous experience, met great locals, eaten some interesting foods and had some great meals. Some trips were 'vacations' and others were 'adventures'. Those of you who have tried to live life will know the difference. (Last revision) Forgot Sweden where I met spouse to be #2.

As for ATM machine locations, I will try to get back to all of you as soon as I can after I depart this mortal plane.😈

Last edited:
Tagging in here.

I'm a hilljack from western pennsyltuckey.

I'm ready (along with a buddy) to seriously book a mid Asian hunt.

I can afford to pay roughly 15-20k round trip for one animal. Does that get me in the door?
The tur and ibex are different species
Ibex hunts, which i think your referring to, are cheaper options than sheep
I think most mid asian ibex hunts are around 7k
You could go to mongolia and do an altai and gobi ibex for right around 20k

Mid Asian Ibex is available for less than $10K all in. Tajik is one place to hunt them. It looks like Kyrg MAY be closing for 3 yrs. Don't give anyone $$ for a Kyrg hunt at this point.
Bruce

Mid Asian Ibex is available for less than $10K all in. Tajik is one place to hunt them. It looks like Kyrg MAY be closing for 3 yrs. Don't give anyone $$ for a Kyrg hunt at this point.
Bruce
How the heck do you find out stuff like this? Thanks for the tip though much appreciated!!

Bruce
That kyrg rumor has been floating around for at least 5 years
I would go to kazakstan over tajik.
Not very many people have anything good to say about tajik

I have hunted Kyrg 2 times so I have some experience there. I have not hunted either Kazak or Tajik so I'd readily concede that your right on that. Here is a report on the press release on Kyrg:

My point being IF they did close the season then I'd expect any down payment $$ to be gone. Too many crooks there.
Bruce

Interesting. I need to keep up on this or at least try.

How the heck do you find out stuff like this? Thanks for the tip though much appreciated!!
I frequent a couple of other hunting forums. Always happy to pass on info when I think it might help. Having hunted Kyrg twice I have a vested interest......
If you really want an Ibex then a trip to DSC or SCI next year might be a great investment. Lots of outfitters that can help you out.
Bruce

I frequent a couple of other hunting forums. Always happy to pass on info when I think it might help. Having hunted Kyrg twice I have a vested interest......
If you really want an Ibex then a trip to DSC or SCI next year might be a great investment. Lots of outfitters that can help you out.
Bruce
I have emailed a few outfitters and no one mentioned that Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting was banned? They did mention that some sheep species could not be imported into the USA right now or maybe it was exported from there I forget.

Ditto. I really want to hunt ibex at least one time internationally.
Ibex hunts are fantastic
Spain is great, but most hunts are done in 1 day maybe 2
I have emailed a few outfitters and no one mentioned that Kyrgyzstan ibex hunting was banned? They did mention that some sheep species could not be imported into the USA right now or maybe it was exported from there I forget.
All argali species are not being allowed into the usa right now
Kyrgyzstan hunting ban is rotating i guess, areas that were closed are now open, areas that were open are now closed
Im going 2024
Mongolia 2025