any idea as to who the barrel maker or smith would be
thanks for the help

HELLO new to the board but have been lurking for quite a few years and
the knowledge here is great
recently purchased a rem 700 that has been rebarreled and the only
info is the initials LEJ STAMPED on the barrel
any idea as to who the barrel maker or smith would be
thanks for the help

It should have the cartridge stamped on it also.

Some smiths stamp there name and/or the cartridge on the barrel (A MUST) but if it has been set back the ID may be under the stock.

If it is not marked anywhere I would highly recommend that you take it to a competent Gun Smith to verify the cartridge and have him stamp or engrave the barrel correctly.

I have seen chambers that were modified from the original chambering that were not corrected and
people were firing the wrong cartridges in them. some times people have the reamer maker change something on a SAAME reamer (Tight neck, no free bore, ETC) and when it doesn't work out they just sell it and someone else is stuck with the problem.

Check it out to be sure.

J E CUSTOM

THANKS sorry it does have the cartridge stamped (22-250)i was just trying to find out what kind of barrel it was or what gunsmith did the work
the rifling is very shallow cut was hoping someone new of a barrel or gunsmith with the initials lej
thanks

THANKS sorry it does have the cartridge stamped (22-250)i was just trying to find out what kind of barrel it was or what gunsmith did the work
the rifling is very shallow cut was hoping someone new of a barrel or gunsmith with the initials lej
thanks

The cartridge stamp is a must, But some smiths also include there Logo and some don't.
In the big shops some owners require that the smith/craftsman that did the assembly stamp his/her
initials on the barrel for the owners records. (Some shops may have 8 or 10 smiths working for them.

Rarely does a smith stamp the barrel maker on the ID.

As to the rifling depth = Most rifling is from .003 to .005 thousandths deep, depending on the maker and the method of rifling.

Maybe someone will chime in if they know who LEJ is.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.