In between 7mm-08 & .308

loaded 120 gr ttsx for my daughter to use in a kimber 260, for use in africa. everyone scoffed it wouldnt do the job except on small antelope. nobody was doubting by the end of the safari. kudu, blesbok, red hartebeast, gemsbok , and lastly a big zebra stallion. they all suggested she use my 375 rum, but, she put that 120 through both shoulders, lungs and heart. he went obout 30 yds. had my sako 308 rebarreled to 260! very impressive performance, and my south african ph was very impressed.
They effectively kill big elk every year at ranges that are truly unbelievable. 140-150 grain bullets.

Some more cud to chew on:

How is the same bullet going the same velocity actually superior? Asking for a friend.
There's a lot of reading material on this site. ;)

Something else to start with:

How is the same bullet going the same velocity actually superior? Asking for a friend.
Sorry bud, thinking I misunderstood your question. If so, just forget my last post. Is you question about Hammers vs other projos, or about the 260 Rem vs 6.5 CM? The 260 seated out has a little more case capacity I think. The 6.5 CM serves its own design purposes. Each to their own. I wouldn't sweat it.

There's a lot of reading material on this site. ;)

Something else to start with:
loved meeting you 2 on the wsy there and back! allan

dont forget the 260 rem. loaded with a good bullet, hammer. barnes ttsx, they perform fantastic. for all you 6.5 creed lovers, it is actually superior.
Wow,
And some Creedmoor fans say the 6.5Creedmoor is superior to the .300wm.

Relevant to what specs you are comparing I guess but I still think it's a bold statement.

I like my 7mm-08 but would probably buy a .260rem before I have a Manbun or start drinking Latte.

Sounds like some of the 6.5 CM fan boys are getting hurt feelings when they hear something they don't like. Remember they came out with a 6.5 PRC. That one IS superior to the .260. It's just truth hearing the accurate point that the .260 is a very small step up from the 6.5 CM. I keep hearing the CM easily outperforms the .260. Somebody's not loading the .260 properly if that's the case. I will say the difference is so small that's it's not really one worth arguing over. It is what it is.

Wow,
And some Creedmoor fans say the 6.5Creedmoor is superior to the .300wm.

Relevant to what specs you are comparing I guess but I still think it's a bold statement.

I like my 7mm-08 but would probably buy a .260rem before I have a Manbun or start drinking Latte.
hey, i didnt say the 260 was a a magnum. it is ballistically a little better than the 6.5. if handloaded, pretty much equal to 6.5 if factory. i dont hate the 6.5, i have 2. just think those who make it somekind of magic killer need a little reality. i also think highly of the 7 08.

hey, i didnt say the 260 was a a magnum. it is ballistically a little better than the 6.5. if handloaded, pretty much equal to 6.5 if factory. i dont hate the 6.5, i have 2. just think those who make it somekind of magic killer need a little reality. i also think highly of the 7 08.
Excellent point. I may eventually build a 6.5 creedmoor. Great round for sure but you got to keep it real