IMR 7977 In 7 SAUM, 6.5 SAUM, 6.5 PRC, 30 Nosler, 7 WSM, 270 WSM, 6.8W

7mm man

Scored some IMR 7977 recently. I know it is being discontinued. But does anyone have any experience with this powder in these cartridges. I have almost any bullet possible so any data would be great. Looking online and the manuals I have I am not finding much for that powder. Thanks.

Very similar to H1000, but not a direct like-for-like. I have about 6# of it and it works very well in cartridges that like H1000.

Not if you are trying to push the heavies. In 270 WSM it probably is too slow. H4831 is my go to for the 270 WSM. But I use H1000 and Magpro in the 6.8W.
..enjoy the experimentation..lol, glad I'm over that stage in my life being an old geezer.. down to 3 powders for everything I own..H-4350, V-133, and Varget...life is simplier.

..enjoy the experimentation..lol, glad I'm over that stage in my life being an old geezer.. down to 3 powders for everything I own..H-4350, V-133, and Varget...life is simplier.
Nice to have a short list of powders for everything. What cartridges do these cover for you?

I could possibly consolidate to fewer than I use, but I have tested a ton and know what works best for me, AND where I hunt.

Varget, H4350, H1000 could cover everything I shoot.
But add Benchmark, RL23, N565, and N570 and I (and my guns) are much happier.

..just about everything you can imagine fits into these three..I loose a little velocity in my big belted mags but what's a 100=150 fps compared to 50 cans starring at me like they did for 60 years reloading...nevermore..up to .338wm