I jumped on the 22 Creedmoor bandwagon

Daughter whacked this big doe at 265yds this weekend.

75eldm
thumbnail_IMG_5841.jpg

Last edited:
About 4 years ago I bought 600 pieces of Alpha SP 22 Creedmoor brass, Whidden dies and a reamer. A couple years before that I had gotten a Defiance Deviant Elite action off a prize table. Never used any of it.....until the day before yesterday. I got a 8 twist barrel blank from Ace Barrels to have a 26" finished length and chambered it up. Did a little load development yesterday with 75gr ELDM/StaBall 6.5 and to say I'm happy is an understatement. I will possibly have to continue to tweak my load a little because the pics below are shots 11, 12 and 13 thru this Ace Barrel.
I was VERY lucky with my starting load/OAL being so close to what seems to work. This rifle is only going to be used for Thermal hunting so I'll mount and zero my HALO-XRF today and be out looking for coyotes with it tonight.

PS I really don't wanna hear all the crap about a 3 shot group. ;-)

View attachment 520854View attachment 520855
Fantastic! Great job! Been wanting a 22 creed!
PH

OK, I am trying this YouTube thing. I'm 60 years old and computers really kick my *** but I have a link to one video. Now I just have to figure out how to get videos from my phone on to the channel. I hate technology!!!
@calib and @waspocrew....you guys are responsible for my stress level at the moment!! ;)

Looks great so far!

About 4 years ago I bought 600 pieces of Alpha SP 22 Creedmoor brass, Whidden dies and a reamer. A couple years before that I had gotten a Defiance Deviant Elite action off a prize table. Never used any of it.....until the day before yesterday. I got a 8 twist barrel blank from Ace Barrels to have a 26" finished length and chambered it up. Did a little load development yesterday with 75gr ELDM/StaBall 6.5 and to say I'm happy is an understatement. I will possibly have to continue to tweak my load a little because the pics below are shots 11, 12 and 13 thru this Ace Barrel.
I was VERY lucky with my starting load/OAL being so close to what seems to work. This rifle is only going to be used for Thermal hunting so I'll mount and zero my HALO-XRF today and be out looking for coyotes with it tonight.

PS I really don't wanna hear all the crap about a 3 shot group. ;-)

View attachment 520854View attachment 520855
No crap form me, great looking set up, what powder and thinking the 43.8 is the grains, ?

Here is my personal record for distance in the dark. A little foggy, but you get the idea!

View attachment 532399

WOW!!! That's a great shot and at a very long range for thermal. I doubt I've even attempted a shot beyond 125yds yet but then there's so much ground cover around here it would have to be down a forest road and the yotes are so heavily hunted around here that they don't pause on a road. They keep moving and make snap shots at moving targets the only option usually.