I have scope issues

Good to hear that sightron is going to get some new rectical options. How much higher power then 8-32X are they planing on going? Hope they can get a MOA rectical option similar to the NP-R2. Hope it doesn't raise the price to much.

This makes my choice a little easier since they will not be out till elk season or latter for me I will go with a starter scope now and get the new Sightron latter.

Thanks,

BT

Talked with sightron last and there are coming out with more reticle options and a new i higher powered scope but not until ocober or november. All i need is a 6x24 mildot and i still need to wait another 60 days. bummer

dariuszczyszczon,
Sightron staff recently told you that they were going to manufacture their SIII series of riflescopes with additional reticle options, and those additional reticle options should be available for purchase in SIII scopes in October or November, 2009?

If so, that would be nice. A 4-16X variable power option would also help fill in the gap in their existing SIII variable power range options.

I'll check out the IOR. I have seen and read their reviews, no doubt they are a top notch scope. I suppose I could save more but I figured a $750 S3 was about the limit I was going to get away with spending. I recall a good looking IOR on the sales forum for about a grand used, not sure how much a new one would set me back.

Which IOR scope is that you have?

Did some quick shopping around and to get the power range I'm looking for a new IOR would run about $1500, some day maybe but just don't have that much $ in the budget right now.

Thanks,

BT

Last edited:
dariuszczyszczon,
Sightron staff recently told you that they were going to manufacture their SIII series of riflescopes with additional reticle options, and those additional reticle options should be available for purchase in SIII scopes in October or November, 2009?

If so, that would be nice. A 4-16X variable power option would also help fill in the gap in their existing SIII variable power range options.

Sightron is going to come out with a 10 X 50 x 50 high powered scope with a couple types of reticles. But nothing is set in stone they are still working on it. they are focosing on the long range and target shooters. This one may be out in oct/nov?

Re: Update SIII 6-24x50mm LR Mil-Dot

I decided what the heck and called the Sightron folks a couple hours ago. The man I talked with told me their supply problem with the SIII 6-24x50mm LR mil-dot reticle scopes was the result of a failure on their part to place the proper order with their supplying factory. They simply failed to place a production order for the mil-dot reticle version.

They expect to be getting some scopes in August but because of the number already back-ordered, some of these scopes are already spoken for. So it may not be until ~September when the supply of these specific SIII scopes is sufficient to meet their wholesaler demand and become available for purchase. Bottom line - plan on September unless you've already got one backordered.

Last edited:
phorwath,
I think Sightron must be having the same problem with all their S3's as I have had one on order for over 2 months( couldn't afford another Nightforce at the time) and still no sign of it. I heard one of the co-owners sold out. Might be effecting their delivery times.

Re: Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm LR mil-dot

There could be bigger problems. I couldn't say one way or the other. To be clear, I only asked about this one Sightron SIII scope, and what I reported is what I was told. I believe it fair to say that I came away with the belief that the problem was primarily, if not solely, with the 6-24x50mm LR mil-dot. On the other hand, that was the only scope model I called to ask about, and there was no discussion about any of their other models.

I'm neither blaming nor defending Sightron. Just passing on the information as it was provided to me.

Which scope are you unable to find?

The Sightron SIII glass quality is top notch, better than the Leupold, but the SIII isn't available in that power range. They offer 3.5-10x, 6-24x, and 8-32x variable power scopes in their SIII line of riflescopes. Check out the Sightron web site for the variable power range and reticle options.

Glad to see the thread is getting some attention. Every thing I have studied about the sightron 3 rates the glass above all the Leupolds. I read on the savage shooters forum that the new sightron 3 was going to be a 10-50x65mm. That is what I read a 65mm objective. That would be like mounting a spotting scope to the top of your riffle. It was also mentioned that a new rectical similar to the March scopes was coming. Looked like the NP-R2. That would be great with matched turrets and avialble on all the models, I guess we will see.

OK so here is a question what does Sightron do about the warranty of replacing the entire scope when the suppliers are out of stock? Do they keep a few on hand for this? I bring it up because I called nearly every dealer listed and they all said the same thing, OUT OF STOCK. So one of them calls me back and says my scope will be in Thursday or Friday. WOW how did he get one? I will call him back tomorow and make sure it is the S3 LRMD but that is cool.

I know what is going to happen though, I will pick up a mil dot scope and they will release a new rectical by the end of the year. At least I'll have the scope in time for the season.

I'll keep everyone informed as to his ability to get any more or if it is infact the correct model to begin with.

BT

Happy,

I have spent alot of time over at the snipers hide forums where that falcon is getting alot of attention. There has been no word of the new model even avialable on the market yet. That scope says it is brand new. It would be a good option and has gotten some good reviews. The only down side I have found is shooter's complaining about the touchy eye relief but that was on the 4-16x scope. I don't know if I'm sold yet on the FFP idea as I like the rectical to not get bigger as I crank up the power. Still a pretty nice scope for $500.

I bet that scope will sell quick or bid higher if any of those sniper members catch a glimps of it.

BT

OK so here is a question what does Sightron do about the warranty of replacing the entire scope when the suppliers are out of stock? Do they keep a few on hand for this?

I'll keep everyone informed as to his ability to get any more or if it is infact the correct model to begin with.

BT

Dunno, but I expect we'd be S-O-L.

10-4. Please let us know if you luck into a mil-dot scope.

I was in general terms told they expect to receive a couple smaller shipments in August, and then a larger batch in September. It was felt the August batches may be spoken for, but that the early September batch should be large enough to catch up and resupply their distributors.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts