I gone and got a CVA Optima.

YZ-80

Alright you guys. After about 10 years of not muzzloader hunting, I broke down and got a new Muzz. My Farmer stopped planting and I had to give up my crop damage permits, so I wanted to be able to hunt with a "gun" in mid-October. Anyway, I have to get it to the range this week. I'm gonna go with White Hots and some 250 Grain Hornady SSTs. I still have some of this Milky White stuff. Will it be a suitable cleaner, or should I go to Wallyworld and get something else? Thanks!

IMG_9504.jpeg

Alright you guys. After about 10 years of not muzzloader hunting, I broke down and got a new Muzz. My Farmer stopped planting and I had to give up my crop damage permits, so I wanted to be able to hunt with a "gun" in mid-October. Anyway, I have to get it to the range this week. I'm gonna go with White Hots and some 250 Grain Hornady SSTs. I still have some of this Milky White stuff. Will it be a suitable cleaner, or should I go to Wallyworld and get something else? Thanks!

View attachment 607454
That will be just fine.

I use dawn soap and hot water. Pump it up and down the barrel a few times,then boiling hot water. Hold barrel with rag pump the hot water a few times,dry patch then patch with bore butter to prevent rust. Done.
Yeah, that's what I used to do with the Black Diamond I still have. I'd use a funnel and pour boiling water down the barrel after the Dawn and then patch it out with bore butter. I just didn't know if the Milky Stuff and Bore butter are still useful with these new stainless Muzzes. It looks like there are a lot more solvents available now and I see some guys using Isopropyl Alcohol. Makes sense to me but I see other stuff like G96 and foaming bore cleaners that look good too. Just thought I might pick something else up if it makes sense. The gun is new and I plan on cleaning it ever 3 shots at the range. I'm hoping I have it ready to go at 100 yards and know the drop at 200 within about 9-12 shots after I get it on paper.

That stuff works just fine, but it's not necessary. I'd use it up since you already have it. After that, water and patches is all you need.

Recent Posts