243win Speer or berger?

In, a 1-10 Twist, Tikka .243 Win.,. the 87 grain Bergers at, 3,167 FPS, have Dropped, 2 Very Large Bodied, Desert Mulies for, my Grandson at, 225 and 268 Yards ! The 30+ inch, Heavy Horned, 4 x 5 looks AWESOME, on his Bedroom Wall ! N-160 Powder + 87 gr. H-VLD = Sub,.. 1/2 MOA !
Neither Deer, moved more than, a Few Step's ! Insides, Jello ( Bullet Fragments, mostly STAY, in the Diaphragm ! ) not much harm, to the Meat !
I too, "was", a Berger Skeptic, at one Time ! After my Last Elk Kill, ( with, 140 gr Classic Hunt's, in a .270 WSM ).. They ARE All, I Hunt, the Big Stuff, with.

Last edited:
Sierra GK BTHP is a very good bullet.
BC isn't good but 400 yards and under is super accurate
Yup. Here's 5 at 200 out of the Cooper. Must have flinched on one but I'll take it!
IMG_9463.jpeg

Hi Everyone,

I got myself a 243 winchester, tikka t3 varmint Stainless, for deer hunthing this year.

Got 2 load that print about 1/2 Moa, one is with the Speer btsp 100 gr the other one is with berger hybride hunthing 87gr.

Im a fan off Speer btsp for hunthing but Im wondering if I should go with the berger.

They have same POI at 100yrds and m'y shot Will be max 300yrds for that rifle.

What would you take ?
Get a chance, try the Sierra 85 gr Gameking BTHP. All we shoot in our 243s. Devastating.

As new powders came out I tried them. for 243 and anything 85 - 105 gr I used Hybrid 100V until ramshot Hunter came along.

The online hodgdon reloading is very lawyer friendly. I used 2 or more grains than listed out of my 26 inch rem

Ive got the same rifle and handload for it. Every Vmax i shot thru it i got 1moa. For hunting i use Speer 90g spitzers without any problems.

Get a chance, try the Sierra 85 gr Gameking BTHP. All we shoot in our 243s. Devastating.
This is true. And it shines at close ranges too. I use it in my old A-bolt. I knocked a mature buck right off his hoofs at 40 yards in the back woods last year and was amazed at the hole that 85 grain pill put in that critter. DRT!