243win Speer or berger?

Given this info... Speer, Speer, Speer... all the way!!!
If not... then try the Speer!!
😁 😁 😁 Sorry bout that Berger Dudes!
Under 400... 100 grain vs 87... No brainer... (At least for

Given this info... Speer, Speer, Speer... all the way!!!
If not... then try the Speer!!
😁 😁 😁 Sorry bout that Berger Dudes!
Under 400... 100 grain vs 87... No brainer... (At least for me)!
Im fan off Speer to, have some deer down with 150gr btsp in a 308win and 160gr with a 7mm rem mag and they kill fast. Now if I could find some for m'y 7mm IT would be great... They are hard to find where I live

You mean these? They are fine and probably much more cost effective than the Berger but I know that Berger accuracy is hard to resist. I shoot the Speer 100 on 41.5 grains of IMR 4350 in my Cooper. Like others have said the 90 and 95 grain Nosler BT's are great as well but a few years ago, I started using an 85 grain Sierra BTHP on 42 grains of the IMR and have been amazed at its performance on both deer and groundhogs out to 250-300. It just gives you another option but at the end of the day, there have been a lot of bullets that have been great in my .243's and you don't have to break the bank to get good results. Cheers!

-YZ
IMG_9460.jpeg

You mean these? They are fine and probably much more cost effective than the Berger but I know that Berger accuracy is hard to resist. I shoot the Speer 100 on 41.5 grains of IMR 4350 in my Cooper. Like others have said the 90 and 95 grain Nosler BT's are great as well but a few years ago, I started using an 85 grain Sierra BTHP on 42 grains of the IMR and have been amazed at its performance on both deer and groundhogs out to 250-300. It just gives you another option but at the end of the day, there have been a lot of bullets that have been great in my .243's and you don't have to break the bank to get good results. Cheers!

-YZ
View attachment 604957
Yup that the bullet I have, in my 243win they print same kind off group as berger st 100yrds. Will push Them at longer range as soin I can but on m'y 308 that Speer was 1/2 Moa at 600yrds on good day

I run the 95 gr bergers in my 243 and its bang flop if I do my part !
Yup I'm a Berger Fan !

Rum Man
I really liked the 115 Berger Hybrid VLD in my .25-06. Man was it accurate. Oddly enough, however I had a few slow kills on Whitetail with them inside of 250. In retrospect, maybe I was pushing them too hard? At any rate, I went to a 117 Sierra Gameking in that .25 and it was Bang-Flop all over the map. I ended up using the .25 Bergers as expensive groundhog loads! - LOL! Maybe they perform better in the .243. Never tried them.

To me the Speer is like the Sierra Sbt (ymmv) as I've only used the 140Sbt in 264wm for everything up to deer size animals. Go gold dots if you find them.

I've shot a lot of Speer bullets with excellent results,but in my .243 I still prefer the Sierra GK 85 BTHP. It always performs. Shoots a little tighter in MY .243. Also,never had a failure with them.
Sierra GK BTHP is a very good bullet.
BC isn't good but 400 yards and under is super accurate

Hi Everyone,

I got myself a 243 winchester, tikka t3 varmint Stainless, for deer hunthing this year.

Got 2 load that print about 1/2 Moa, one is with the Speer btsp 100 gr the other one is with berger hybride hunthing 87gr.

Im a fan off Speer btsp for hunthing but Im wondering if I should go with the berger.

They have same POI at 100yrds and m'y shot Will be max 300yrds for that rifle.

What would you take ?
I've used the Berger 95's in my 243 with great success, I would go with whatever you can find the most of.

The 85 grain Speer boattail soft points shoot the best in several of my 6mm Remingtons . It's the only thing that a finicky cooper seems to like.

That bullet is extremely accurate in every single 6mm gun I have ever tried it in. They also kill deer quite well. I've been using it since the early 1980's. It's one of the few 6mm hunting bullets that will stabilize in a 1:12 twist barrel. The Hornady 100gr round nose is another.

Tony