I gone and got a CVA Optima.

YZ-80

Alright you guys. After about 10 years of not muzzloader hunting, I broke down and got a new Muzz. My Farmer stopped planting and I had to give up my crop damage permits, so I wanted to be able to hunt with a "gun" in mid-October. Anyway, I have to get it to the range this week. I'm gonna go with White Hots and some 250 Grain Hornady SSTs. I still have some of this Milky White stuff. Will it be a suitable cleaner, or should I go to Wallyworld and get something else? Thanks!

IMG_9504.jpeg

Alright you guys. After about 10 years of not muzzloader hunting, I broke down and got a new Muzz. My Farmer stopped planting and I had to give up my crop damage permits, so I wanted to be able to hunt with a "gun" in mid-October. Anyway, I have to get it to the range this week. I'm gonna go with White Hots and some 250 Grain Hornady SSTs. I still have some of this Milky White stuff. Will it be a suitable cleaner, or should I go to Wallyworld and get something else? Thanks!

View attachment 607454
That will be just fine.

I use dawn soap and hot water. Pump it up and down the barrel a few times,then boiling hot water. Hold barrel with rag pump the hot water a few times,dry patch then patch with bore butter to prevent rust. Done.
Yeah, that's what I used to do with the Black Diamond I still have. I'd use a funnel and pour boiling water down the barrel after the Dawn and then patch it out with bore butter. I just didn't know if the Milky Stuff and Bore butter are still useful with these new stainless Muzzes. It looks like there are a lot more solvents available now and I see some guys using Isopropyl Alcohol. Makes sense to me but I see other stuff like G96 and foaming bore cleaners that look good too. Just thought I might pick something else up if it makes sense. The gun is new and I plan on cleaning it ever 3 shots at the range. I'm hoping I have it ready to go at 100 yards and know the drop at 200 within about 9-12 shots after I get it on paper.