Hunting Suppressors - Black Bull Machine

Sledhead406

LRH Sponsor
My name is Forrest, long time reader and before starting the FFL/SOT game in late 2020, an occasional poster on LRH. I love to hunt when time allows and this site has been a great asset for information. I recently decided to become a LRH sponsor and hopefully can be some help for people when I am not in the shop.

My shop is in north central Montana, south of Great Falls and Ive been cutting cans since spring of 2021. Lots of prototyping, testing, and improving has happened since then. At the beginning of 2024, I opened up sales to local guys after 2 full years of testing (and building a house due to wife demands). That testing was conducted by myself and a limited group of early adopters willing to shoot all sorts of various designs.

Now that we have everything from weight, performance and durability dialed in, I want to focus on making them available to more like-minded hunters and shooters.

Our centerfire suppressors are all 100% Titanium - starting from Grade 5 bar stock, they are CNC machined and then hand assembled before being laser welded and Cerakoted. A balance between weight, sound reduction and the ability to hold up to big cartridges has been the focus. They are not designed for Rambo type shooting with a FAL or AR-10 (but it is fun), instead they are specifically made for bolt action rifles.

While some guys do prefer quick attach systems, these are all direct thread. In order to get the weight and repeatable precision that I intended, direct thread became the ideal method after testing various other systems early on.

Currently 4 models are in production:
Snipe Hunter - A rimfire can rated up to 22WMR (currently testing 5.7x28 to see longevity)
Mad Max - 5.56mm rated up to 22-250AI
Sasquatch - 7.62mm, a short light suppressor for compact hunting rifles
YeTI- a full size 7.62mm suppressor for the most sound reduction.

Both the Sasquatch and YeTI models will have a 6.5mm version by the end of this month. 338s will be a bit later as we would like to test some alternative baffle geometry with the larger bore.

For a bit more information see blackbullmachine.com or feel free to send DMs.

Im more than happy to answer suppressor related questions people have. Much of my testing includes effectiveness of various thread locking compounds, cleaning agents, cleaning methods, heat buildup etc. While I certainly do not know everything, hopefully my research and testing can be of use. Thanks!

Pictures are probably a good idea.. will get some up tomorrow morning for you guys.

My website isn't exactly finished up as production has taken priority over marketing this whole year.

Either way I forgot earlier, if anybody local to the great falls Montana area would like to come see them or try one out on my range, you are more than welcome. Just let me know here or email from the address on the website to schedule a time. Thanks

Cleaning advise on your welded cans?

are these individual baffles or monocore design?

Do you use any ss baffles or stellite coatings in the blast chamber?

Tell us more--- with pics please

I took a look at your website, the sasquatch says it's rated up to 300rum--- what length? 26", 6"? Big difference in muzzle uncorking pressures depending on length....the more info, the better as we know just enough here to get ourselves in trouble 😁

Last edited:
My name is Forrest, long time reader and before starting the FFL/SOT game in late 2020, an occasional poster on LRH. I love to hunt when time allows and this site has been a great asset for information. I recently decided to become a LRH sponsor and hopefully can be some help for people when I am not in the shop.

My shop is in north central Montana, south of Great Falls and Ive been cutting cans since spring of 2021. Lots of prototyping, testing, and improving has happened since then. At the beginning of 2024, I opened up sales to local guys after 2 full years of testing (and building a house due to wife demands). That testing was conducted by myself and a limited group of early adopters willing to shoot all sorts of various designs.

Now that we have everything from weight, performance and durability dialed in, I want to focus on making them available to more like-minded hunters and shooters.

Our centerfire suppressors are all 100% Titanium - starting from Grade 5 bar stock, they are CNC machined and then hand assembled before being laser welded and Cerakoted. A balance between weight, sound reduction and the ability to hold up to big cartridges has been the focus. They are not designed for Rambo type shooting with a FAL or AR-10 (but it is fun), instead they are specifically made for bolt action rifles.

While some guys do prefer quick attach systems, these are all direct thread. In order to get the weight and repeatable precision that I intended, direct thread became the ideal method after testing various other systems early on.

Snipe Hunter - A rimfire can rated up to 22WMR (currently testing 5.7x28 to see longevity)

Both the Sasquatch and YeTI models will have a 6.5mm version by the end of this month. 338s will be a bit later as we would like to test some alternative baffle geometry with the larger bore.

Im more than happy to answer suppressor related questions people have. Much of my testing includes effectiveness of various thread locking compounds, cleaning agents, cleaning methods, heat buildup etc. While I certainly do not know everything, hopefully my research and testing can be of use. Thanks!
Forrest,

HELLYEAH! It is always nice to have another product made in Montana, and this time, it is in my neck of the woods (Great Falls). A belated welcome and congrats on being a site sponsor. I have two Eliteiron and one Rex Silentium—all made in Montana by small businesses.

How far south? Ulm? There are a handful of us from Great Falls. 🤣

Ed

I live in central Montana as well and love Mt made stuff , I'm in !! I will be ordering soon !!

Well thanks guys for the interest, I was not really expecting that so quickly. As far as the website goes, ill be updating it some today since I ran out of materials yesterday afternoon.

As far as pictures go, ill add a couple here for your enjoyment, eventually including some in-process stuff that may be interesting to some of you. Right now I don't have too many pictures that aren't already on the website - as i mentioned before, marketing has taken back seat to testing and production.

The short rifle is a 8.5" 300Blk with a Sasquatch can attached. It generally rides with me while out and about. The close up is a YeTI hot off the press a week or so ago. (please ignore the dirty floor and door). And the guy messing with the three rifles helps out a bunch when we are testing new baffle designs. That day we were comparing the final three rimfire baffle stack options.

Attachments

• IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    678 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 74551822095__180A60AC-A3F5-4C07-9BDC-EAF755C0FE18.jpg
    74551822095__180A60AC-A3F5-4C07-9BDC-EAF755C0FE18.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 86