How To Get Consistent Seating Depth Every Time from an empirical source.

Just got one from through Amazon and returning it after talking with Mitutoyo online. It was not sealed in plastic and a battery was already installed. Red flags all around. They said each caliper leaving is sealed and they never install a battery.
Follow-up; in calling them out through AMAZON that company left the AMAZON Store. Amazon will still refund my money and I told them to pass on to the fraud department of any seller of this item to purchase one and check the validity of the item through Mitutoyo USA. Won't give the seller name because I believe it's against LRH policy to do so. If not I'll give the name and address it came from.

Follow-up; in calling them out through AMAZON that company left the AMAZON Store. Amazon will still refund my money and I told them to pass on to the fraud department of any seller of this item to purchase one and check the validity of the item through Mitutoyo USA. Won't give the seller name because I believe it's against LRH policy to do so. If not I'll give the name and address it came from.
@LRH, can I provide the company name and address so no other person on this site gets swindled out of their money?