How old are you? How old do you FEEL?

I'm not sure how old I "feel". I'm 46. I am 6' 4" and weigh 270#. In the past five years i've noticed my metabolism has slowed way down. Used to be able to really put the food away and not gain a pound. Five years ago I was 255#, now fluctuate between 270-275# I do know that in the last 3ish years I've noticed more aches and pains and healing takes longer. I've had both knees scoped, L4-L5 discectomy in the last 10 years and here a couple weeks ago had my right shoulder scoped (instead of a replacement like the doc wanted to do). They removed a bone spur, removed the bursa sac, cleaned up a labral tear and released the long head of the bicep tendon (tenotomy). Zero cartilage in my shoulder. Don't get me wrong with this post, I still get out and hammer. It's just not like it used to be. I guess the term "getting old sucks" applies here LOL
Turned 52 in June, started making some changes for the better in February. I'm still working on me, but mentally I don't feel much different than I did in my 20's. Physically, I'll never be 20 again, I have a fused right ankle from a spiral fracture of my Tibia and Fibula on 29 Sept, 2015.

Here is a little of my story and what I'm doing to improve my situation:
Thread 'Anyone else doing HRT?' https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/anyone-else-doing-hrt.365702/

Almost 72…… Much better shape than many my age, but not nearly as good as I'd like to be. 6' 0" 197 lbs

Lots of aches and pains (mostly knees), 2 back surgeries (one a fusion), and a pretty hard day of work will leave me with lots of muscle soreness.

It seems that I start a little workout routine every year, only to quit after a month or two. If I would stay with my little exercise regiment and do some stretching/flexibility exercises ……I'd be in muc( better shape than I am presently! memtb

Last edited:
Golf cart or SxS works. lol.
Funny, you should mention that my wife and I just priced a used golf cart today.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Do the knee replacement. Do the physical therapy. You will love your new legs! I know. I have heard there is a machine that you can use daily to get the therapy easier.
My mother-in-law had to use one of them right after surgery kind of like a bicycle that sits on the floor and you strap your feet to the pedals and it continuously moves your legs.

59 in October 5' 8" 200#, but feel younger due to can do so many things better than people 20, 30 and 40 years younger. 15 years of relentless pain only deters my abilities:mad:! 8 years ago when my son was at football practice I hopped/skipped down the bleacher stairs arriving to the bottom rail and pommel horsed over the rail, then did the same at the chest high chain link fence that was 2 steps away after the rail. had to tell my son something and when he came over to me he repeated what the athletic director/head football coach said to him, "is that your dad"? now if my kids had that type of agility they would take after me! btw, all 5 sons and me suck at basketball, but my 1 and only daughter has the skills for it (didn't get that from me for sure).

I'm not sure how old I "feel". I'm 46. I am 6' 4" and weigh 270#. In the past five years i've noticed my metabolism has slowed way down. Used to be able to really put the food away and not gain a pound. Five years ago I was 255#, now fluctuate between 270-275# I do know that in the last 3ish years I've noticed more aches and pains and healing takes longer. I've had both knees scoped, L4-L5 discectomy in the last 10 years and here a couple weeks ago had my right shoulder scoped (instead of a replacement like the doc wanted to do). They removed a bone spur, removed the bursa sac, cleaned up a labral tear and released the long head of the bicep tendon (tenotomy). Zero cartilage in my shoulder. Don't get me wrong with this post, I still get out and hammer. It's just not like it used to be. I guess the term "getting old sucks" applies here LOL
I'm 78. Feel old as dirt.

Recent Posts