How is StaBall 6.5 working out?

Do you mind sharing your load data for 308 and 300 wm?
308 Win with 200gr SGK
48gr 6.5 Staball, FGMM 210, Norma Case. Loaded long (Baney box).
2513 FPS (20" barrel)

300 WM w/152 Hammers
76gr 6.5 Staball, CCI 250s in nickel brass. 3.325" COAL to fit in Ruger box. Definitely warm but safe in my rifle.
3415 FPS (24" barrel)

Also tried the 215 Berger and got to 2422 FPS with the 20" barrel. She's in the shop now getting a new one on it, so will revisit.

Last edited:
308 Win with 200gr SGK

300 WM w/152 Hammers
76gr 6.5 Staball, CCI 250s in nickel brass. 3.325" COAL to fit in Ruger box. Definitely warm but safe in my rifle.
Do you velocities for those 2 loads? I shoot both calibers.

Have you tried the StaBal with a 180 gr pill?
I have not.

Same burn rate ish as H4350. I have had good luck with the heavier weight pills in the 308, so figured I'de give it a shot.

Looking forward to testing with the 215 Berger in the longer barrel. RL17 always gets good velocities, but I have had the higher'faster ones go to pot in different conditions. H4350 got me 2494 FPS in another 308 with them, but it is a full case. This will crunch down a good bit. I never hit pressure with the H4350. I did with the 6.5 Staball.

308 Win with 200gr SGK
2513 FPS (20" barrel)

300 WM w/152 Hammers
3415 FPS (24" barrel)

Also tried the 215 Berger and got to 2422 FPS with the 20" barrel. She's in the shop now getting a new one on it, so will revisit.
Awesome thanks. I have four pounds of this powder and wanted to try it on both these cartridges

Decided to try this out with a 205 grain Berger. Might be able to get out tomorrow. Depending on if I get up early. Working nights currently. But I went with 1 grain less and my mag box allows me to run at 2.87 inches and feed so I'm trying that length for now. Brass is federal with multiple firing on. I only neck sized them right now to get the largest amount of case volume as I could. If this works that would make for so nice simple reloading with about 4 guns running the same powder.

Well I'm gonna have to eat some Crow, In my search for speed out of my 25-06AI with the 90g Absolute Hammer's I was at a standstill, I tried everything I knew to do and it shot the same as the 92g Hammer Hunters so I studied on for a week or so and then I saw the Staball can, I had enough to load 6 rounds as I had been starting fires with it, I couldn't believe the results, there it was, 3900's, i almost made it to 4000fps but it was getting sketchy, needless to say I frantically went on the search for some more and lucked up and found some local, Sending them downrange at 3923fps, It's hard on brass but anyone that knows me knows that I don't care ;)

For what its worth, Crow on the spit over hickory with some Sweet Baby Ray's is really good
What did you start the grill with?

Well I got out today and tried the 6.5 staball powder with some 205 Berger's. COL was 2.87 to fit my mag. I tried 47grn. This was necksized only brass. I think I may should have checked my brass length cause I got heavy bolt lift with everything but 1 case that I knew was short. Also accuracy was not real good. My pressure and accuracy issue may be because the brass was not trimmed and I think the hard bolt lift was also a result of not trimming. I was trying to just throw together so crap to see what speed was like and pressure and I ended up with crap. Live and learn. On a different note the 205 Elite hybrid hunters from Berger basically will produce the same pressure point on my brass as the 210 VLDs. I only got about 10 fps more out of them. So I don't know if there is any big over whelming benefits from the 205's. Also I might just stick with staball match as it produces more consistent velocity than accurate 4064. Both produced sub MOA groups today but the ES on accurate 4064 is much greater. I do believe I see this issue greatly at much longer ranges. I think for now since it getting hotter and time is limited before hunting I will focus on the staball match and 205 Berger's since I just bought a new box of them. I think I'm going to have to drop my powder charge and retest cause today I had pressure at my lowest charge weight which is where I seen pressure on my 210VLD's. So I will re-shoot those same charges with the 205s and see if they are the same. If I get the same results and good groups I may just quit and call it good for anything over 200 grains for my 308. Between the 212 ELDX, 210 VLD and the 205's I think I will get the most consistent load out of the 205's and 210's. I had a lot of inconsistency in COL with the 212's. I was still sub MOA at 100 but not at anything past 500.

I forgot to add the highest speed I had with the 6.5 staball green bottle not the match was 2538. My magneto was giving me so issues so I missed 4 of the shots. I may go to 46 grains fully prepared brass and retry some day but for now I will stick with the match. About 50 fps right now with hot summers approaching or already here, and not having the time needed to put in where I think I'm close already on the other loads I'll just work those out.