How important is Customer Servce?

How important is customer service?

• Very Important (will not do business with bad actors)

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Somewhat Important (depends on product/service)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Not Really Important (price and availability are only critical)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark37082

This is my first attempt at creating a poll. I will admit I have a bias. I spent decades in Operations for large, medium, and small companies responsible for customer service and all aspects of product and service delivery. Price has always been important for driving sales, but customer service creates long term customer loyalty and company success IMO.
What say you? In the world of LRH and shooting, how does this weigh into your purchasing decisions?

These days customer service is pretty high on the list. If the service is poor I'd just as soon spend my money else where. The only time I'll compromise if the items aren't real important then I'll balance convenience and cost verses customer service.

I would agree that it does depend on the value/cost of the item to certain extent. It is important to have options on who to give your business to. I probably go too far sometimes and exclude doing business with companies because of singular events or purported bad experiences by others.

Doesn't matter the cost.

Even a drive-thru fast food place gets my respect when the window person acts friendly.

My LGS calls/texts me when a shipment comes in to see if I need anything before he puts it on the shelf or on his web page.
My gunsmith is always available to talk.

I have also walked out of places without spending a dime due to poor interactions or NO interactions with employees. Gotta greet the customers.

I think a repeat, good customer gets added perks when they establish themselves, but that first interaction with the vendor can really set the tone.

This is my first attempt at creating a poll. I will admit I have a bias. I spent decades in Operations for large, medium, and small companies responsible for customer service and all aspects of product and service delivery. Price has always been important for driving sales, but customer service creates long term customer loyalty and company success IMO.
What say you? In the world of LRH and shooting, how does this weigh into your purchasing decisions?
I voted for very important, only because of your note about bad actors. I do not care if they have the best products or customer service but if actors BAD are involved, esp. the owners, I will NEVER support them, esp., when I have plenty of choices.

Last edited:
It is very important to me no matter what the product. If I need something from the company I want to know they will be available. I will give a caveat though. I am not going to pay for a crappy product just because of the awesome customer service or warranty.

Agreed with others, customer service and overall behavior of the face(s) of the company are very important, and if those things are truly good, product quality will only improve if it started bad, and prices will be appropriate and fair.

Last edited: