• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

How do you handle not receiving feedback from a transaction?

Darryle

In this day of scams, feedback is important, positive feedback is a must to settle any worries.

How do you handle not receiving feedback from a transaction, especially if you feel it was a positive transaction.

My selling feedback hasn't been a problem, but I have had a couple of transactions where I was the buyer and never received any feedback even after the payment arrived.

Am I being unreasonable about this? Is it unreasonable to request feedback?

I'm on another forum that gives feedback similar to this. Sometimes people do sometimes they don't and that's ok. Some people just don't care about feedback.

In this day of scams, feedback is important, positive feedback is a must to settle any worries.

How do you handle not receiving feedback from a transaction, especially if you feel it was a positive transaction.

My selling feedback hasn't been a problem, but I have had a couple of transactions where I was the buyer and never received any feedback even after the payment arrived.

Am I being unreasonable about this? Is it unreasonable to request feedback?
It takes both the buyer and seller to have a successful transaction. As the buyer, I usually initiate the feedback and then request if the seller can do the same as it benefits both parties - a win-win for both. So no, it is not unreasonable to ask for feedback either on the forum or trade history.

The interesting thing about feedback is that it is almost always positive. IMO people tend to not leave negative feedback.

I had a very bad experience with a poster here. Optic was misrepresented as new, item was damaged & dirty, seller tried everything to keep my money. I eventually sent everything back to the seller knowing that I'd probably lose everything. I paid shipping both ways and after months of relentless persistence, I received a partial refund. The process took months.

I never left feedback for the guy. I figured that it would lead to an internet war here on LRH and I didn't want that. I took my losses and moved on. I have left and received positive feedback from many of our members over the years.

I usually wait for the item to be received (by my or the seller, depending on the transaction) and then send them a PM saying that I will leave feedback for them. It usually prompts them to do the same for me. If they don't, I typically don't push for it anymore since I have a good rep built up. Doesn't hurt to ask though!

I seldom receive feedback , buying or selling . I ALWAYS leave feedback , it's important in todays times . I've never asked for feedback .

one thing I have started to do in feedback is name the item I bought . for instance ; I'll write I bought a $2500 rifle , I traded a box of bullets for other bullets , or I bought a scope rail and rings . this gives the next guy an idea of the price of items the seller has been good on .

I have not done a great deal of buying or selling with LRH members, but the transactions I have completed have worked out well. I provide feedback and would hope for feedback from the other party. I am reluctant to enter into a transaction with someone that seems to have joined for the sole purpose of selling or buying something. Reputation is critical to building relationships and trust. It just takes time and experience to build.

The interesting thing about feedback is that it is almost always positive. IMO people tend to not leave negative feedback.

I had a very bad experience with a poster here. Optic was misrepresented as new, item was damaged & dirty, seller tried everything to keep my money. I eventually sent everything back to the seller knowing that I'd probably lose everything. I paid shipping both ways and after months of relentless persistence, I received a partial refund. The process took months.

I never left feedback for the guy. I figured that it would lead to an internet war here on LRH and I didn't want that. I took my losses and moved on. I have left and received positive feedback from many of our members over the years.
Pretty much same on two items lately. Represented new but clearly wasnt. They were small items and not worth the p issing match.

I've only bought / sold on here a few times but I completely agree that feedback is an important "safety net" of sorts when buying / selling items online from strangers. Even more so considering the price of many items sold on a forum like this. I have always left feedback for a buyer / seller, notified that I did that for them, and then requested they do the same for me as a curtesy ... and they always have.

For those that aren't leaving negative feedback for whatever reason, you're only hurting future buyer / sellers by not doing so.