Issues loading brand new rem 700 sps tactical 308

It's really hard to see what the extractor looks like in your picture. Your camera is focused on the background rather than the boltface.

You can take a small screwdriver and rotate the extractor, but that shouldn't matter much.

As for the ejector, you could get a replacement spring, or trim the one you have. It is held in by a small rollpin that is easy to drive out with the correct punch. The rollpin is reusable.

I had another rem 700 in 308 laying around so I took the bolt out of the other 308 and put it in the sps tactical and the ammo loaded properly without jamming up. I noticed 2 differences in the bolts. The first is the ejector spring is allot more stiff in the new sps tactical. The other is that the ejector in the sps tactical is slightly bigger than the other bolt. Could the slightly bigger extractor be causing the issue or possibly a combination of both? If you notice on the above picture, one set of scratches on the inner edge of the bolt face is right next to the extractor and the other is right next to ejector.
Hello Jim,

With the bolt removed from the rifle, one can observe the operation of the ejector and extractor by taking an empty case and hooking the rim of the case under the extractor and prying the mouth of the case in the opposite direction to observe the engagement of the ejector. The head of the case should move to be flush against the bolt face when pressure is applied to the ejector. If the case does not rest flush against the bolt face, then there is an issue with the ejector.

Did the rim of your brass get marred up at all? I had to stone the extractor to create a little more slip.
There is no marring but rather slightly scuffed. It seems like the rim of the cartridge is being prevented from slipping under the extractor. The fact that the lip of the extractor is slightly bigger than my other 308 makes it seem like maybe the extractor itself is preventing the rim from slipping under the extractor.

There is no marring but rather slightly scuffed. It seems like the rim of the cartridge is being prevented from slipping under the extractor. The fact that the lip of the extractor is slightly bigger than my other 308 makes it seem like maybe the extractor itself is preventing the rim from slipping under the extractor.

Sounds like the exact issue I had with my defiance.