Hornady marketing

The hate is because the truth seems a very distant factor in what Hornady dabble in the guise as marketing.
Their bullets vary in ogive length more than ANY bullet I have seen marketed as 'Match'. Heck, even Speer TNT hollow points vary less than Hornady…

Cheers.
TNT aren't that bad of a bullet from what I've shot. I shot out a 243 pistol on the 70 TNT, the 100 Hornady, and the 55 Nosler. All would destroy any prairie dog I pointed the pistol at to nearly 1/4 mile. I always preferred the 100 HDY when the wind was on.

When you guys post stuff like this….(refuting engineering with snarky remarks), it is cute. They are putting a lot of money into engineering…..people, tools, etc.

Engineering is going to solve problems. Most of this stuff has been in their bullets for a few years. They are a premier bullet maker. Tell me what Speer or Sierra has done other than raise prices for a few years? Berger…..pretty, good, but kind of in a holding pattern with development.

If your rifle isn't shooting well with Hornady box ammo, what is wrong with your rifle? Ask GAP….or are we poo-pooing them now too?

how long have you considered Hornady a premier bullet maker?
I'm wondering when I missed the transition. I started out with Nosler and Sierra in the 70/80's because they were the only 2 large scale manufacturers that were consistent at the time. Speer and Hornady were NOT of the same quality.
2 very seasoned shooters have made observations of inconsistency here concerning H bullets, in recent history. That doesnt count pathetic brass quality, bullets that never made it to the target, over hyped velocity, 2gr plus variations in "precision Hunter" ammo and 50 group averages and on and on and on blah blah.

I am not a hater of any shooting sports business. But I do choose to use products of higher quality, and suppliers of information that aren't so biased. Friends and well known independent shooters get to the bottom of it of whatever, eventually. Podcasts, magazine pages and web advertisements etc show and tell only the good part of anything.
And to the new guys in this sport that are vulnerable, that's good enough.

Once again I'll say if it works good for you, rock on.👍🎯

If so, that is just not right, or correct.
Another good reason why I reload my own, except for defensive rounds.
A lot of them have a couple of different powders that make "spec". This isn't odd in the least. That's why if you find a "lot" of a certain load that does well in your rifle you ought to buy enough up to last a while.

So why have the plastic tip at all if the small flat points are already on many match hollow points? I've always believed the plastic tips introduced another variable. I've seen them wobble when rolled on the bench, break when feeding, and fall put. Berger has had it right all along.

Years ago Hornady came out with the A-Max, plastic tip. Ones I used shot well. Sierra followed with their version then Hornady came out with another version of tipped bullets, ELD I think. Now it's Hornady with A-tip match (aluminum tips). It's just marketing…..
The companies are in the bullet selling business We're in the bullet buying business ergo……

When you guys post stuff like this….(refuting engineering with snarky remarks), it is cute. They are putting a lot of money into engineering…..people, tools, etc.

Engineering is going to solve problems. Most of this stuff has been in their bullets for a few years. They are a premier bullet maker. Tell me what Speer or Sierra has done other than raise prices for a few years? Berger…..pretty, good, but kind of in a holding pattern with development.

If your rifle isn't shooting well with Hornady box ammo, what is wrong with your rifle? Ask GAP….or are we poo-pooing them now too?
engineers are great only in their own minds

Follow the science "wear the mask " take the vaccine" it is engineered 🤪

I can't find Speer bullets locally or online anywhere.
Looking for revolver caliber .429 and .452 Gold Dots. And .44 and .45 shotshell plastic cups.

They seem unobtainable.

Last edited:
I can't find Speer bullets locally or online anywhere.
Looking for revolver caliber .429 and .452 Gold Dots. And .44 and .45 shotshell plastic cups.

They seem unobtainable.
th 210's in 44 and the shot capsules show unavailable through Speer at present

Recent Posts