Help pick Supplies

BruceRDucer

My first post. Looking to deer hunt next fall.

Have Ruger M77 Mark II in 30-06

Plan on getting Leupold scope with 50mm lens and 3-9 magnification.

What other supplies/tools can you recommend I look into?

Recommended Ammo?

I have a Ruger Mark II in 270. Float the barrel and get a trigger job and you will have a fine rifle. The lupy is a good choice but you might want to look at a 40 mm lens you can use medium rings and get a better cheek weld. As for ammo start with the cheapest stuff you can find and work your way up till you get one that shoots good out of your rifle. Every rifle has its own likes dislikes and personallity so one ruger 30-06 may not like what the other identical rifle likes. Also since your rifle has its own personallity your need to learn it and you can only do that with lots of practice.

You should get some Burris Signature rings with the inserts so you can get the most out of the scope elevation.

A Harris bipod and some poly beads to make a rear bag.

Windmeter

Laser range finder

Good binoculars

I have a Ruger Mark II in 270. Float the barrel and get a trigger job and you will have a fine rifle. The lupy is a good choice but you might want to look at a 40 mm lens you can use medium rings and get a better cheek weld. As for ammo start with the cheapest stuff you can find and work your way up till you get one that shoots good out of your rifle. Every rifle has its own likes dislikes and personallity so one ruger 30-06 may not like what the other identical rifle likes. Also since your rifle has its own personallity your need to learn it and you can only do that with lots of practice.

+1 the 40mm scope. I'm also partial to the 4.5x14, as you lose very little at the low end, but gain a bunch on the top end.

AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts