Headshot's how many take them, and why?.

If you would have taken the time to read throughout the posts, you would have seen, that no one, myself included is making absolute statements. They're are others posting the same as I , there is video proof to the statement and fact.
I don't watch tv, or hollywood propaganda agenda oriented BS. this comes from research and life experiences.
I believe this is your post
Again, a sniper doesn't shoot for the heart or lungs, even with the big .50 cals they're using today, always, all, Headshots.
Always all headshots. Did I read this correctly?
Military snipers don't take headshots 100% of the time, especially not with the 50 as most aren't capable of that level of precision since they are predominantly used for anti material roles. They take the best possible shot that will incapacitate the target during the time available for the shot. For them a head, chest, or hip shot does the job of taking the target out of the fight.
This quote is the absolute truth ^^^

I don't take headshots in deer but I built a new rifle and yesterday saw a coyote chasing a fawn out my back door.
Stood still long enough for me to get it.
250 yds and it got a headache.

If you want to try a head shot, you really need the deer to be with its head up and looking at something of interest. If I want a dead right there shot that does not damage the main meat, I shoot to where the neck meets the body in front of the shoulder. I don't need to worry about sudden movements as this area does not move with the deer raising or lowering it head, and with all the muscle and spine there, a well placed shot drops the deer in place.

My last head shot was 656 yards, but I did cold bore tests from the blind for several days in similar conditions. Once I was dead on for late afternoon, I set up the feeder and waited. Shot was perfect and all went to plan. But I will not try that again as too many variables. I had just gotten into Long Range hunting and wanted to test it. While I have still made head shots on does at close range, I prefer to go for the vitals with a good bullet to be fair and ethical.

Recent Posts