Hammer HHT Bullet Group

01Foreman400

Went to the range this morning. The rifle is a Bergara Wilderness Ridge 308 win. SP with an 18" barrel. The bullet is a Hammer 154 gr. HHT. This group had an average of 2,990 fps. This is a 3 shot group at 100 yards. Can't wait to try them out this deer season View attachment 1232391
IMG_4221.jpeg

I had no doubt the tipped bullet would be as good as the rest. Hammer makes a superb bullet, They're all I shoot in all my rifles, except the 38-55, but I'm gonna bite the bullet and have Steve make 500 for me. This NEF Target Classic is like the Buffalo Classic..... Accurate beyond belief, they'll shoot one hole at 100 with my hand loads.

Very nice results all around! These 154HHT flying great out the 3 oh eight!

Stark contrast to my last testing of 154HHT though: Could be my ProChrono sitting in direct sunlight misreads...

IMG_9755.jpeg

22" CF Bartlein 1/10T:

IMR 3031 - Once again a sweetheart powder for my Hammer use. Less felt recoil, no residual smoke lingering after shot. Had to zero the scope with it, but talk about great tracking and 2 shot groups. 41.5gr coming next to hopefully hit 2800fps

AA2520 - 2fps SD and that group? Yeah, I'm done testing that one. It did produce some smoke, but oh well. I hit the wall of performance with that powder out the gate.

TAC - I was pretty much baked in the 95 F. Temp. I shot like crap, but as usual TAC is an ES monster.

Got click top of bolt throw/extraction with AA2520 and TAC. None with 3031 yet.

2.765 COL puts crimp fully into 1st PDR

Last edited:
Very nice results all around! These 154HHT flying great out the 3 oh eight!

Stark contrast to my last testing of 154HHT though: Could be my ProChrono sitting in direct sunlight misreads...

View attachment 469589

22" CF Bartlein 1/10T:

IMR 3031 - Once again a sweetheart powder for my Hammer use. Less felt recoil, no residual smoke lingering after shot. Had to zero the scope with it, but talk about great tracking and 2 shot groups. 41.5gr coming next to hopefully hit 2800fps

AA2520 - 2fps SD and that group? Yeah, I'm done testing that one. It did produce some smoke, but oh well. I hit the wall of performance with that powder out the gate.

TAC - I was pretty much baked in the 95 F. Temp. I shot like crap, but as usual TAC is an ES monster.

Got click top of bolt throw/extraction with AA2520 and TAC. None with 3031 yet.

2.765 COL puts crimp fully into 1st PDR
53 yards?