Hammer Bullets?????

Colin78

I saw on Hammer Bullets Facebook page that PayPal was ripping them off. Just curious if anyone has heard if they made it thru that ok and if they are still up and running. I had heard they might not be able to recover if PayPal didn't release there money pretty quick. Fixing to start load development on a new rifle and don't want to waste time on HH bullets if they aren't going to be around anymore.

They can't stop us!

They got us for a fair amount of money. Not sure if we will ever see it again. I don't trust that they ever intend to give it back. I think next step is to contact our Congressman.

We did Just order a brand new Swiss style cnc machine last night so that we can keep up with demand. Scary money but has to happen.

They can't stop us!

They got us for a fair amount of money. Not sure if we will ever see it again. I don't trust that they ever intend to give it back. I think next step is to contact our Congressman.

We did Just order a brand new Swiss style cnc machine last night so that we can keep up with demand. Scary money but has to happen.

Sucks what they are doing to you but very happy to hear your still doing well. I love your bullets and was pretty upset when I saw your Facebook post. I canceled my PayPal account when I saw that. My custom 308 is supposed to be ready to pick up next week, the one I ordered the bullets for back in April. Can't wait to see how it likes your 152 hh's. I know you mentioned cfe223 powder, any others you recommend? Varget? It's a 20" barrel and I'm hoping to get to 3,000 FPS.

Used my first Hammer bullet on live game, a whitetail management hunt. Used my 338 federal shooting 338, 225's. Took the deer in the right front chest, traveled the entire length of the animal, destroyed the left rear hip and came to an end just under the skin. Weight retention was 220.5 out of 225, never seen such a perfect mushroom. The circumfrence of the mushroom was twice that of the original bullet. The animal died where it was standing. Keep making them Steve, I'll keep buying. I've got 25 years as an attorney Steve and would be happy to assist in any aspect, just let me know.

Last edited:
Sucks what they are doing to you but very happy to hear your still doing well. I love your bullets and was pretty upset when I saw your Facebook post. I canceled my PayPal account when I saw that. My custom 308 is supposed to be ready to pick up next week, the one I ordered the bullets for back in April. Can't wait to see how it likes your 152 hh's. I know you mentioned cfe223 powder, any others you recommend? Varget? It's a 20" barrel and I'm hoping to get to 3,000 FPS.
You should get to 3000 fps. Varget would be worth a try. Not sure if you will be able to get enough in to find pressure. Ramshot tac also worth trying.

@Colin78
I'm only getting 2828 fps with CFE223/ Lapua case/152 HH in my 20" 308.

So far it's the only bullet it likes...

Where are you located? How temperature stable is it? I am in Texas and we hunt exotics year round, right now it's over 100 degrees, in the winter it will be in the teens. I don't like having to have a different load for different temperatures so I try to stick with the temperature stable stuff.

Used my first Hammer bullet on live game, a whitetail management hunt. Used my 338 federal shooting 338, 225's. Took the deer in the right front chest, traveled the entire length of the animal, destroyed the left rear hip and came to an end just under the skin. Weight retention was 220.5 out of 225, never seen such a perfect mushroom. The circumfrence of the mushroom was twice that of the original bullet. The animal died where it was standing. Keep making them Steve, I'll keep buying. I've got 25 years as an attorney Steve and would be happy to assist in any aspect, just let me know.

I thought the anticipated terminal performance of Hammer bullets was based on the fact that they don't mushroom, but shed their petals creating 4 wound channels instead of one. Am I missing something or do they also make bullets that do mushroom?

I thought the anticipated terminal performance of Hammer bullets was based on the fact that they don't mushroom, but shed their petals creating 4 wound channels instead of one. Am I missing something or do they also make bullets that do mushroom?
I'm looking at a bullet that looks like a mushroom cloud

I'm thinking at lower velocity the petals don't rip all the way off and make more of a mushroom with the large petals. But at really high velocity they rip all the way off?

I'm sure Steve will be along shortly to explain and or correct me.

Last edited:
I'm getting about 2810fps from a 21" 308, 155 Hammer, Varget, with CCi200 primers, similar load with Federal 215m primers saw about 40fps more, but worse accuracy.

Never saw pressure signs even with a compressed load of Varget with either primer. Though my speed difference between loads started to plateau with both, so I was likely getting close.

I havent tried CFE223, as I prefer more temp stability.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.