H4350 powder measure question?

Short cut powders will work better but I don't think they make a sc4350 powder like they do for 4831 like sc4831
Be nice if they did.

IMR4350 was $74.99 at Cabelas a couple days ago. :oops:

To avoid kernel cutting you could get a set of dips and trickle up to the desired weight. I have same issue with the powder measure and it won't be any different for most stick powders. RL19 is a little shorter and seems to meter better.

I am using an RCBS Powder measure. When using the H4350 it seems to get stuck, resistant is it having to cut through long grain powders. I am concerned that the amounts might change.

I am about out of H4350 and are thinking about trying the IMR 4350. Would it work smoother? Is there much difference between h4350 and imr4350?

Like you, I am living in SEC country.

As such, I put a high regard on temperature stability, about on par with overall accuracy/consistency.

H4350 is one of the most temp stable powders out there.

In my experience H4350meters better than IMR 4350. IMR4350 goes thru the measure as smooth as ten penny nails. I used 4350 in a .243 for a rew years,then tried WW 760. Same burn rate and flows like water. As mentioned Big Game and Hunter work well also and wouldn't rule out WW staball Match..

Like you, I am living in SEC country.

As such, I put a high regard on temperature stability, about on par with overall accuracy/consistency.

H4350 is one of the most temp stable powders out there.
I stopped worrying about powder temperature sensitivity for some time now.

Regardless of powder, I usually start my load development in mid-September for my fall hunts. The temperature difference is, on average, 20-30 degrees.

I have plenty of RL16.

Running low on H4350, thinking about getting an 8 pound jug of something.

I usually load 9.3x74R, 7x65R but mostly just 6.5CM and 300H&H. H4350 works in the last few.

Tried to find a powder that works on all four cartridges if possible. I have looked through Lyman Reloading and not finding. Please know that I am relativity new in reloading.
Go to LOAD DATA.COM.....only 310,000 loads available to you...not prejudiced by any manufacturer....site is by Gun Digest...

I have plenty of RL16.

Running low on H4350, thinking about getting an 8 pound jug of something.

I usually load 9.3x74R, 7x65R but mostly just 6.5CM and 300H&H. H4350 works in the last few.

Tried to find a powder that works on all four cartridges if possible. I have looked through Lyman Reloading and not finding. Please know that I am relativity new in reloading.
You might try Reloader 17--burn rate really close to the 4350s (a tad slower) and it meters better. I cheat and use a digital electronic powder measure--"RCBS chargemaster 1500" and it throws to the kernel every charge. Downside is it takes about 15 seconds to throw a charge.

A visit to my LGS showed many Vihtavuori Powders costing less than H4350 & others. Check out VN 160, somewhat slower than H4350 but measures much better. Performance should be real close.

I am using an RCBS Powder measure. When using the H4350 it seems to get stuck, resistant is it having to cut through long grain powders. I am concerned that the amounts might change.

I am about out of H4350 and are thinking about trying the IMR 4350. Would it work smoother? Is there much difference between h4350 and imr4350?
Powder Valley Outdoors has H-4350 with no HazMat
I would stick with H-4350 - it can be used in many cartridges. If you can't get H-4350 then use R-16.

Bill - in the long run I beleive you would be better served by investing in a Lyman, RCBS or any of the other manufacturers of the digital powder measures. One of our general objectives is repeatbility in our loads - this comes about via a number of factors that I'm certain you've read about here. Powder tempurature sensitivity being a very relevent factor, your choice in H4350 is a good one. I recommend that you stick with this outstanding powder and invest in an updated device to help you throw the charges- it will benefit you in the use of other long grained stick powders and may make your reloading experiences a bit less tedious. They've been a great boon to me personally. JMO.

OK, pulled the trigger, so to speak and bought 8# H4350 (Been a fav for me for a while) I will load with powder measure and drip dry the few more grains to get exact amount. Reloading is a Zen experience anyhow)

Also ordered some Ramshot Hunter and Accurate 4350. Someone mentioned the free Hazmat fee @PV, THANKS

BTW Brownell just had a sale on H4350 8# for $429. But PV is $374.